Rogue button presses RetroBit 6-Button Wired Controller

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
-=ENFORCER=-

Rogue button presses RetroBit 6-Button Wired Controller

Unread post by -=ENFORCER=- »

Hi All, I'm running into an issue and cant seem to find much info on it.

I'm using a Retrobit 8 button Wired USB controller. I've mapped it without issue in the main Mister core and successfully mapped it in the Genesis core. But when trying to use the controller, some button presses are registering as hitting two buttons within the Genesis core. I verified this using the 240p Test Suite.....

Press DOWN - Registers presses for DOWN & UP
Press Left - Registers presses for LEFT & Z
Press A - Registers presses for A & START
Left Trigger - Registers press for Y

I went into the SNES core. Same behavior essentially - Multi button combination registers for single button presses. I do not have any alternate button configurations set. Perhaps an issue with the controller but I use it without issue on Windows regularly. First time trying it with Mister.
12characters

Re: Rogue button presses RetroBit 6-Button Wired Controller

Unread post by 12characters »

To be sure that there is no leftover alternate button configuration, it might be an idea to access the configuration and "undefine" each alternate button.
-=ENFORCER=-

Unread post by -=ENFORCER=- »

I do appreciate your response. I was convinced I had never used the controller on Mister. But your response made me double check.

Went into /Config/inputs and found several files with the joystick ID in question (silly me). Deleted all config files that contained my joystick ID. After a quick mapping at the main Mister core and Genesis Core, no more issues. Classic case of user error :roll:
FoxbatStargazer
Top Contributor

Unread post by FoxbatStargazer »

If you have multiple controllers simulating x-input, they might all appear as the same joystick ID (i.e. an xbox 360 controller) and therefore share the same mappings in mister. Although I would think new configs should override/replace older ones.