PS5/PS4 gamepad - mouse settings?

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
kalach.x

PS5/PS4 gamepad - mouse settings?

Unread post by kalach.x »

How do I change PS4/PS5 mouse emulation settings?

By default sensitivity is very high and to have mouse click I need to press touchpad itself until it clicks. It is impossible to consistently click anything without moving finger on the touchpad and making mouse cursor move. Especially hard are AtariST inhumanly fast double clicks.

If however sensitivity was reduced and/or left mouse button assigned to other gamepad button then for what the mouse is usually needed for the gamepad would suffice. It would also help to be able to have right mouse button as currently there doesn't seem to be any mapping for it.
akeley
Top Contributor

Re: PS5/PS4 gamepad - mouse settings?

Unread post by akeley »

You can try to change the value of mouse_throttle in mister.ini. It goes from 1-100, but I have it set to 1 to help with real mice and ao486, but my DS4 touchpad is still very sensitive. It's fine for movement but not for clicks.

You can however hold the Square button, move the mouse cursor with left analog stick and use Cross button as left mouse one (and Circle as right). It's a bit more cumbersome but more precise. Wouldn't use it for mouse-driven games, but for an odd click here and there it's okay.
darksakul

Unread post by darksakul »

I didn't know the mouse emulation was usable on the PS4/PS5 Pad outside of the PlayStation console.
It is my great regret that we live in an age that is proud of machines that think and suspicious of people who try to.
Lightwave

Unread post by Lightwave »

Is there some trick to getting the DS4 touchpad recognized as a mouse?

I recently set up my DS4 from the menu core, but when it came to the section for mapping mouse controls, I couldn't get the touchpad movement to register at all, so I ended up having to skip it.

(This is connected via USB cable)
FoxbatStargazer
Top Contributor

Unread post by FoxbatStargazer »

darksakul wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:13 pm I didn't know the mouse emulation was usable on the PS4/PS5 Pad outside of the PlayStation console.
Steam and DS4windows both capture and translate touch and gyro, and a handful of Windows games have native support. Don't know about Mister.
akeley
Top Contributor

Unread post by akeley »

Lightwave wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:55 pm Is there some trick to getting the DS4 touchpad recognized as a mouse?

I recently set up my DS4 from the menu core, but when it came to the section for mapping mouse controls, I couldn't get the touchpad movement to register at all, so I ended up having to skip it.

(This is connected via USB cable)
I've just set up a new SD card, and had to redo the controls - skipped the mouse as well, but the touchpad has been detected anyway (at least in Minimig).

...but now the "hold the Square" trick doesn't seem to work. Odd.