Bluetooth Issues

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
Gumdoc

Bluetooth Issues

Unread post by Gumdoc »

Was hoping for some help connecting a Bluetooth 8bitdo SN30 Pro controller. It works fine when connected with USB. I can get it to connect with BT through the OSD, the screen goes through searching, pairing, connecting, and done, I can feel the rumble on the controller, the light shows it's connected. I can't do anything with the controller at that menu so I assume I have to configure the buttons.

The problem is that when I hit Enter on the USB keyboard to go Finish, it takes me to the Cores menu...and the only key that works is Enter. I can't navigate the menu with the arrow keys like normal, F12, Windows key-F12, CRTL-F12...nothing works, it's literally just the Enter key.

Any thoughts what I am doing wrong?
Shuffle7

Re: Bluetooth Issues

Unread post by Shuffle7 »

You need to
Assign the controller on the front mister screen .. where it shows arcade , computer , consoles .. that part . Then it will work
Gumdoc

Unread post by Gumdoc »

How? As I mentioned, I have no keyboard commands that work other than Enter. I can get to that screen, but there's no place to "assign a controller" on that screen, usually you hit F12 to get to the screen where you can assign buttons, but as I already mentioned, no key except Enter works after pairing the BT controller. If I reboot and disconnect the controller, keyboard works fine.
darksakul

Unread post by darksakul »

Its F11 that brings up the bluetooth sync menu on the main screen
It is my great regret that we live in an age that is proud of machines that think and suspicious of people who try to.
Gumdoc

Unread post by Gumdoc »

So does holding down the OSD button for a few seconds...that's not what I am talking about. I've already synced the bluetooth, this is what happens AFTER that process.
darksakul

Unread post by darksakul »

Sounds like you got a Keyboard issue not a Bluetooth issue.
Once synced, you just need to do your controller mapping.

If the keyboard stops working mid mapping screen, it's not the bluetooth.
It is my great regret that we live in an age that is proud of machines that think and suspicious of people who try to.