Questions about LLAPI

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
sonik

Questions about LLAPI

Unread post by sonik »

Looks like LLAPI support lightguns from variuous systems.
With LLAPI a lightgun from a system will work on another system's core?
Let's say, use a saturn lightgun on megadrive's core....

And with Saturn and PS1 cores around the corner...
Would be possible to ps1 special controllers have full functionality? Like enable/disable analog mode. Send rumble effects. Use jogcon features.
Saturn also have special thinks like enable/disable analog mode.

I do know that some lightguns requires tapping into the sync signal and they might not work at all. The LLAPI can provide this from the core?
lamarax
Top Contributor

Re: Questions about LLAPI

Unread post by lamarax »

That's a highly speculative question I'm afraid. Currently the only lightguns functioning with LLAPI BlisSTer via HDMI cable/adaptors, are the NES Zapper, plus recently AFAIK, the SNES Super Scope/Justifier etc. (but only with the revised cable and firmware).

That said, since I don't own any lightgun, I can't attest to their 'cross-operability' so to speak, as it's the case with regular pads.

Problem is, existing LLAPI enabled cores have recently ceased being updated, so I wouldn't cross my fingers re: support in yet-to-be released cores, such as the PSX and Saturn (heck, even SNAC isn't confirmed atm) :cry:

Maybe look here for more concrete answers.
Wave

Re: Questions about LLAPI

Unread post by Wave »

lamarax wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:07 pm Problem is, existing LLAPI enabled cores have recently ceased being updated, so I wouldn't cross my fingers re: support in yet-to-be released cores, such as the PSX and Saturn (heck, even SNAC isn't confirmed atm) :cry:
Just to mention Onthewaveagain has been updating the LLAPI cores in their spare time, incorporating some of the recent changes. Their efforts can be found here:

https://github.com/onthewaveagain/Releases_Mister_LLAPI