Question about input assign controller (Press A requirement).

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
mhartman

Question about input assign controller (Press A requirement).

Unread post by mhartman »

With the new setup for controllers:

- input: Better way to keep controller assigned to specific player while connecting/disconnecting of input devices.
- input: support skips in keyboard definition (for pseudo-keyboard devices) (User button on I/O board to skip).
- input: assign controller to a player only by pressing button "A" (to reduce unintended auto-assignment).

Is there a way to skip this in the .ini file? I use my MISTER in an arcade cabinet and to boot straight to the arcade core (Galaga). For inputs, I use and I-PAC 2 set to Game Pad rather than keyboard (it seems to have less lag that way). Is there a way to skip the requirement to Press A? If not, I’ll have to find a work around because the arcade cabinet won’t work (for example, coins will be skipped) until someone presses A. I know it seems like a small thing, but I had my cabinet working and feeling 99% like the real arcade. The press A requirement interferes with that experience a bit.

Thanks!