configuring 2600-daptor II with atari style 9 pin joystick

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
lagomorph

configuring 2600-daptor II with atari style 9 pin joystick

Unread post by lagomorph »

I just got a 2600-daptor II 9 pin to USB joystick adaptor and am struggling to get it to work within any cores. It does control the MiSTer menu so it appears to be recognized and somewhat configured. I've tried in each core to configure it but I so far I've had no luck controlling any games with it.

In the logs it's listed as: "USB HID v1.11 Joystick [Microchip Technology Inc. 2600-daptor II". Any ideas? Thanks!
telengard

Re: configuring 2600-daptor II with atari style 9 pin joystick

Unread post by telengard »

Having the same issue (reason for the necro). Did you ever figure out how to get it working? I register it fine with the 2600 core, and as you mention it can be used traversing the MiSTer menus, but no input at all in the core itself.
FoxbatStargazer
Top Contributor

Re: configuring 2600-daptor II with atari style 9 pin joystick

Unread post by FoxbatStargazer »

Edit: the below only applies to the Daptor D9 which I have, I don't know anything about the Daptor II unfortunately! Leaving it in case anyone else is having trouble with a D9...
Make sure you check this page about auto-sensing, the first time (or when you are having trouble) you should unplug the USB, then plug in back in and hold the indicated button. (Usually fire or A). If you just happen to push left or something when the core boots, it might be detected as the wrong device.

The log is just about always going to say the same thing, because the point of the daptor is to translate whatever device into a generic USB HiD. What matters more is what kind of joystick you are using, as the daptor supports a ton and has to interpret the same db9 port differently to cover them.

http://www.2600-daptor.com/2600-daptor%20D9.htm