Define Joystick Buttons ?

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
robfish

Define Joystick Buttons ?

Unread post by robfish »

"Define Joystick Buttons" in the "System settings" used to allow setting up a multi-button click to allow me to get to the screen to execute scripts. I just updated and the feature is gone. I remapped my controller and I don't see the option anymore. I had to plugin a USB keyboard and press escape. Whats happened?
robfish

Re: Define Joystick Buttons ?

Unread post by robfish »

Its been a week and was hoping to get some reply. Its very annoying to have to use a keyboard when before I setup the left and right buttons simultaneously for this purpose. Maybe point me in the right direction, post, video .....
Newsdee
Top Contributor

Unread post by Newsdee »

Do you mean the OSD/Menu button? That's still there...
robfish

Unread post by robfish »

Well then i'm a idiot. I just performed "define joystick buttons" for a Buffalo classic usb gamepad. During the setup it did not ask if i wanted to setup a 2 button combo that would get me back to the OSD/Menu. I had to hit the esc key on a keyboard. I had the left and right buttons setup for this purpose and worked great until i updated. So if it is still there, where is it? All previous updates for months never changed this behavior.
Veto

Unread post by Veto »

I just tried it and it's still there. You have to skip just past the several mouse settings screens to get to it. The header of the box is Press: MENU and at the bottom it says (can use 2-button combo)
Newsdee
Top Contributor

Unread post by Newsdee »

I just updated my MiSTer and tried remapping again, and had no problems.
Are you doing the mapping on the Menu core? It won't work inside another core.
Robgus

Unread post by Robgus »

I have to wake this thread…

I have the same issue, the menu option doesn’t come up when I’m mapping my joystick. Has that anything to do with the layout or am I missing something?

Thanks!
Newsdee
Top Contributor

Unread post by Newsdee »

Could you check your MiSTer main version, and also make sure you go past the mouse emu options? (don't hit Enter or it will exit the mapper)