Unable to map Nunchuck inputs

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
Sigismond0

Unable to map Nunchuck inputs

Unread post by Sigismond0 »

I've been using a Wii remote as a temporary solution for light gun games, and found it to be decent enough to warrant digging through my old accessories box to see what I could do with it. First, I tried plugging it into a gun handle that has a built in nunchuck stick and buttons, thinking that would both be more comfortable to use and would allow easy menu navigation. Unfortunately, it wouldn't let me map the stick or either button. I thought maybe the controller was busted, so I swapped to a real nunchuck and got the same results. I then tested both (using the same Wii remote) on a real Wii, and they worked without issue. Next, I tried deleting the mapping and re-pairing the controller with the nunchuck already attached. Still no luck. Can map every button on the controller itself, but nothing on accessories.

Can anyone confirm if the nunchuck inputs are usable in MiSTer, and if so is there a trick to mapping them? I saw a comment thread from the old Atari forum where Sorg seemed to be saying that at least the stick should be mappable:
Now Wiimote support is integrated into Linux.
You don't need to assign IR axes, so you don't need predefined map files anymore. Just setup the wiimote as normal gamepad.
Nunchuck and Classic controller sticks are also supported.

F10 in OSD is to enable/disable the Wiimote.