Could Konami Justifier Player 2 work with SNAC?

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
JayBee

Could Konami Justifier Player 2 work with SNAC?

Unread post by JayBee »

Hey guys,

I recently got a Konami Justifier for my crt gaming.
But I realized too late that it's only the "player 2" version of it, the one that you daisy chain to the other :roll:

Do you guys know if there is there any way to use SNAC with that (with a proper adater), or is it missing some essential component to make it work?

Thanks ;)
eightbit

Re: Could Konami Justifier Player 2 work with SNAC?

Unread post by eightbit »

You would need the blue gun in order to use the pink (Player 2) gun ;)
basketballer

Unread post by basketballer »

That 2nd player gun is slightly rare and worth some money. While there is a SNES and Genesis versions of the 1 player blue colored gun, each with their respective connector, the 2 player pink gun works with either system (also adds to its value).

Sorry I can't answer your question though.
basketballer

Unread post by basketballer »

Forgot to mention, a lot of the Justifier guns stop working due to what is thought to be a problem with the photosensor. I've got a couple of these guns and neither of them work (using CRTs). Its been suggested the sensor is a Sharp IS485E, and I've been meaning to pick one up, but they're hard to come by and the only ones I see listed have exorbitant shipping charges.
retrorepair

Unread post by retrorepair »

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3265019 ... web201603_

Free shipping but the usual 20-40 days. Just order a few and forget about it :)
JayBee

Unread post by JayBee »

Hey guys,
Sorry to revive that old post, but I finally managed to get a player1 Justifier for the megadrive/genesis.
I modded my 5.6 io board and added a snac adapter to it, and the gun is recognized correctly in games.
Sadly no buttons seem to register, no screen flash or fire when I pull the trigger, no reaction to start button, nothing.
I don't have any genesis controller to test the adapter/io board, but it is working perfectly with snes and pc engine controllers and cores.
Since the buttons aren't registering, I guess it's not the failure you were talking about?
How did you get it working on your MiSTer?
JayBee

Unread post by JayBee »

JayBee wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:16 pm Hey guys,
Sorry to revive that old post, but I finally managed to get a player1 Justifier for the megadrive/genesis.
I modded my 5.6 io board and added a snac adapter to it, and the gun is recognized correctly in games.
Sadly no buttons seem to register, no screen flash or fire when I pull the trigger, no reaction to start button, nothing.
I don't have any genesis controller to test the adapter/io board, but it is working perfectly with snes and pc engine controllers and cores.
Since the buttons aren't registering, I guess it's not the failure you were talking about?
How did you get it working on your MiSTer?
Solved it! I just needed to close the jumper on the snac board to activate the extra pin. :roll: