No HDMI output

Discussion about displays and related hardware including MiSTer filters and video settings.
stegoo

No HDMI output

Unread post by stegoo »

I have a very weird issue... yesterday I boot my MiSTer with IO board.. It is hooked up to a crt and a LCD tv.
The CRT work fine, however nu HDMI output is visible. I checked different HDMI cables, different HDMI inputs, different console (where the TV does display an image)

It seems the MiSter decided to suddenly not output HDMI. If I try to run the update script, I get a message:

"If you see this, then you need to modify your MiSTer.ini
Either disable framebuffer: fb_terminal=0 or enable scaler on VGA: VGA_Scaler =1"

I can see this message on my CRT using the analog IOboard, while HDMI is connected. (But not displaying)
So it kind of seems the Mister does not detect the HDMI display, as it thing only 240p output is conencted?

I tried removing the IO board, and starting the SD from scratch.. no output. My Dips seem normal though. Very weird?? I used it last week and everything was fine.

UPDATE: I just tried to hook the MiSTer up to our new living room TV, low and behold.. there's the image. I used the same cable and power supply there

This is super weird.
Any clues?