Lower Noise on VGA Output via JAMMA Adapter

Discussion about displays and related hardware including MiSTer filters and video settings.
banane

Lower Noise on VGA Output via JAMMA Adapter

Unread post by banane »

Hi all,

does anyone how to address noise on the VIDEO lines ? I already have fixed all the ground loops on my arcade machine,
but when I use Antonio Villenas Jamma Adapter my picture looks like this:
1.jpg
1.jpg (2.31 MiB) Viewed 1457 times
My Monitor I test with is a Hantarex Polostar 25 with both regular Hantarex RGBHV-Input-Socket wired to Jamma and VGA input.

I tried to directly wire the MiSter VGA output to jamma:
4.jpg
4.jpg (376.76 KiB) Viewed 1457 times
This removes a lot from the noise but still there little artefacts present:
5.jpg
5.jpg (634.68 KiB) Viewed 1457 times
When I directly use a shielded VGA cable from the MiSter to the VGA-Input of the Hantarex Polostar 25 all the noise is gone, which tells me this is still a shielding / GND problem.

Can anyone give a hint how to adress this on the Jamma-Adapter ? :)

Thanks and kind Regards
Banane
banane

Re: Lower Noise on VGA Output via JAMMA Adapter

Unread post by banane »

As a workaround I could also use the shielded VGA cable, but as soon as I disconnect the VGA cable from Antonios Jamma Adapter, I lose sound and controls.

What do I miss ? :-)
lateski

Re: Lower Noise on VGA Output via JAMMA Adapter

Unread post by lateski »

Hey there! Did you manage to solve this issue with direct use of Antonio's JAMMA adapter?

I have the same background noise when running this set up on my arcade machine. Running any of my standard JAMMA PCB boards is absolutely fine (on a Nanao MS9 chassis) - and running the mister on a consumer CRT (with Antonio's composite adapter) is fine as well.

I suspect the combination of the JAMMA adapter and my system just don't gel? Everything else fires up and sync's fine - just that frustrating background noise.....

Hope you got it sussed!