Custom background/wallpaper photos show jagged edges. [Solved]

Discussion about displays and related hardware including MiSTer filters and video settings.
SegaSnatcher

Custom background/wallpaper photos show jagged edges. [Solved]

Unread post by SegaSnatcher »

I recently created a wallpaper folder with a bunch of 1080p jpg images and when the MiSTer displays them they have jagged edges, but when I view them on my PC they have smooth edges. Is this just how MiSTer scales photos? View picture in full screen.
image0 (17).jpg
image0 (17).jpg (1.34 MiB) Viewed 2200 times
SegaSnatcher

Re: Custom background/wallpaper photos show jagged edges.

Unread post by SegaSnatcher »

Rysha helped me. My framebuffer was set to automatic when it should have been set to full, now the image looks clean.
lamarax
Top Contributor

Re: Custom background/wallpaper photos show jagged edges. [Solved]

Unread post by lamarax »

🤔 who'd a thunk *that* lol

Thanks for the heads up!
hitm4n

Re: Custom background/wallpaper photos show jagged edges. [Solved]

Unread post by hitm4n »

I had the same issue and struggled to find the answer. I eventually stumbled on this Reddit thread which set me right.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MiSTerProject/ ... unds_need/

fb_size = 1

Match the images resolution to your MiSTers resolution and you get 1-1 display. I now have a bunch of images cycling and they look spot on. This was doing my nut in for almost a week since getting my new MiSTer set up.

p.s. Hello :) First post, registered to comment on this specifically. Total newbie here, loving the MiSTer so far, trying all sorts of cores but got it primarily as a replacement for my A1200 which now has to be sold. I shall mostly be Atari 2600, 5200, 7800, 800XL, ZX81, Spectrum, Sam Coupe, ColecoVision, PET, Dragon, Vectrex, Gameboy OG, GameBoy Color, GameBoy Advance. Amongst others. But mostly AMIGA !! Good times.