RGB Scart Lead and Analog IO Board

Discussion about displays and related hardware including MiSTer filters and video settings.
roundy07

RGB Scart Lead and Analog IO Board

Unread post by roundy07 »

Hi Everyone

I'm very new to the Mister project and so far am loving it!

I do however have an issue. Following advice on here and other forums I've purchased the VGA to Scart with Audio lead from AmigaStore and it has arrived today. The link for the item is as follows

http://amigakit.amiga.store/product_inf ... cts_id=919

I have connected it up to my 6.1 Analog IO board as purchased from here
https://misterfpga.co.uk/product/mister ... -with-fan/

However I can not get any correct image from it on either my CRT or my LCD TV using the scart input. On my CRT I get a rolling mess of static. Others have reported that they have this cable and it works no issue at all.

I've double checked the SW3 switches on my DE10 Nano and they look fine, and I've also set ypbpr=1 in my mister.ini. I've also changed the VGA jumper on the IO board to 5v to test that and all results in the same. I've also tried setting direct video mode in mister.ini and connecting the lead to a HDMI -> VGA converter, this gives me a rolling green static.

If anyone can offer any advice I'd be greatly appreciative as I'm having a real nightmare getting the analog out to my CRT

Thank you in advance
akeley
Top Contributor

Re: RGB Scart Lead and Analog IO Board

Unread post by akeley »

Is composite_scync=1?
goukizero

Unread post by goukizero »

I had a hard time yesterday with the same ...
The problem is the mister.ini, because of the configuration it is in vga and that is why the image jumps.
You need to modify the .ini or replace it with another prepared for rgb
roundy07

Unread post by roundy07 »

Thank you for getting back to me. I've done some messing around and it was indeed the composite_csync=1 that was required, I felt sure I'd already tried that but I guess I must have forgot to save the ini file once I'd amended it. Either way, it's working now and looks great on a CRT!

Once again thank you for all your help