Scart sync problem?

Discussion about displays and related hardware including MiSTer filters and video settings.
hiddenbyleaves

Scart sync problem?

Unread post by hiddenbyleaves »

Hello,

I am hoping someone who knows scart well can help me troubleshoot a problem I have encountered. So I had the mister hooked up through the io board to a Sony trinitron with a vga2scart cable and had zero problems. However, I wanted to add other consoles too and use a scart switch so they could all be connected to the RGB scart port. I did some research and bought a Banbridge 3way scart selector. After hooking everything up the consoles work fine and the mister arcade cores all work perfectly so far, but the genesis and snes cores wont sync. The picture rolls vertically.

Anybody know what could be the problem? The only thing I can think of doing is trying a replacement rgb scart male to male lead between the selector and the tv.
lordoftime79

Re: Scart sync problem?

Unread post by lordoftime79 »

I dont know if this is helpful but i used to use a couple of the bandridge switches for my retro setup and had this problem with random consoles in general so I forked out for a hydra 2 scart switch and it was the best thing I ever did!
hiddenbyleaves

Yes thanks for the recommendation :)

I tried to go cheap. I found a forum thread where people were able to modify the 5 way version of this switch and was hoping someone had experience doing the same with this one. I'm going to get the hydra or maybe the otaku switch.

I have also realised that the image is dimmer from this switch across the board. So it has all of the problems that plague scart selectors even though there are people out there who swear by this thing.
jlancaster86

Unread post by jlancaster86 »

I have two Otaku switches and can't recommend them highly enough.
fraggore@sky.com

Unread post by fraggore@sky.com »

Have you added scanlines to them cores when using hdmi if you have put it back on hdmi and turn them off should sync then.
FoxbatStargazer
Top Contributor

Unread post by FoxbatStargazer »

fraggore@sky.com wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:46 pm Have you added scanlines to them cores when using hdmi if you have put it back on hdmi and turn them off should sync then.
In case anyone was confused this is specifically in reference to scandoubler in the core settings, anything but off/none will output a 31 khz signal. Scanlines in the scaling filters have zero effect on analog output.
hiddenbyleaves

I found a Hama 3 way scart switch that works perfectly so I guess the Banbridge 3way is just a faulty unit.
fraggore@sky.com

Unread post by fraggore@sky.com »

FoxbatStargazer wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:35 am
fraggore@sky.com wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:46 pm Have you added scanlines to them cores when using hdmi if you have put it back on hdmi and turn them off should sync then.
In case anyone was confused this is specifically in reference to scandoubler in the core settings, anything but off/none will output a 31 khz signal. Scanlines in the scaling filters have zero effect on analog output.
Ok thanks for clearing that up.