MiSTer to SVideo via Antonio Villena's Adapter - Scrolling Picture & Black and white?

Discussion about displays and related hardware including MiSTer filters and video settings.
OhTheStatic

MiSTer to SVideo via Antonio Villena's Adapter - Scrolling Picture & Black and white?

Unread post by OhTheStatic »

Hey all, hope everyone is well.

I recently got a PVM on ebay (Panasonic S1390Y, Color) and was hoping to use it with the MiSTer. I then scooped up Antonio Villena's VGA -> S-Video adapter (https://www.antoniovillena.es/store/pro ... o-adapter/) and was hoping I'd be good to go. Unfortunately, not quite.

I have been running into an issue where the image just scrolls and is displayed in black and white. I have to kind of guess may way through menus to attempt to launch games, which I can't even really play. Does anyone have any ideas what I may be doing wrong? I have the 5v jumper set correctly and have altered my ini file a few times. This is currently what I'm using, per a reddit user who had a similar issue:
key_menu_as_rgui=0 ; set to 1 to make the MENU key map to RGUI in Minimig (e.g. for Right Amiga)
forced_scandoubler=0 ; set to 1 to run scandoubler on VGA output always (depends on core).
ypbpr=0 ; set to 1 for YPbPr on VGA output.
composite_sync=1 ; set to 1 for composite sync on HSync signal of VGA output.
vga_scaler=0 ; set to 1 to connect VGA to scaler output.
hdmi_audio_96k=0 ; set to 1 for 96khz/16bit HDMI audio (48khz/16bit otherwise)
keyrah_mode=0x18d80002 ; VIDPID of keyrah for special code translation (0x23418037 for Arduino Micro)
volumectl=1 ; enable audio volume control by multimedia keys
vscale_mode=0 ; 0 - scale to fit the screen height.
; 1 - use integer scale only.
; 2 - use 0.5 steps of scale.
; 3 - use 0.25 steps of scale.
vscale_border=0 ; set vertical border for TVs cutting the upper/bottom parts of screen (1-399)
;bootscreen=0 ; uncomment to disable boot screen of some cores like Minimig.
;mouse_throttle=10 ; 1-100 mouse speed divider. Useful for very sensitive mice
rbf_hide_datecode=0 ; 1 - hides datecodes from rbf file names. Press F2 for quick temporary toggle
menu_pal=0 ; 1 - PAL mode for menu core
hdmi_limited=1 ; 1 - use limited (16..235) color range over HDMI
; 2 - use limited (16..255) color range over HDMI, for VGA converters.
direct_video=0 ; 1 - enable core video timing over HDMI, use only with VGA converters.
fb_size=0 ; 0 - automatic, 1 - full size, 2 - 1/2 of resolution, 4 - 1/4 of resolution.
fb_terminal=1 ; 1 - enabled (default), 0 - disabled
osd_timeout=3000 ; 5-3600 timeout (in seconds) for OSD to disappear in Menu core. 30 seconds if not set.
; Background picture will get darker after double timeout
Sorry to keep coming back here trying to get help with this; I'm super new to some of this and trying to work my way through it. I am a bit concerned that maybe the PVM I got just sucks and was on ebay for a reason (with it only being tested to ensure it turns on...)
OhTheStatic

Re: MiSTer to SVideo via Antonio Villena's Adapter - Scrolling Picture & Black and white?

Unread post by OhTheStatic »

Nevermind, had to jiggle a cable and it worked.