Can't get propper RGBs, instead I get RGsB

Discussion about displays and related hardware including MiSTer filters and video settings.
dergrunepunkt

Can't get propper RGBs, instead I get RGsB

Unread post by dergrunepunkt »

Hi, I have my MiSTer connected with a VGA to SCART cable and I can't get an image on any of my SCART devices, I have one Sony KX-14CP1 monitor and a Sony PVM-2130QM, both with SCART inputs.

If I hook my MiSTer to an OSSC I shows that it's outputting RGsB (sync-on-green) and neither of my monitors supports that mode, how can I force RGBS instead of RGsB?

thanks
evilsim

Re: Can't get propper RGBs, instead I get RGsB

Unread post by evilsim »

first, flick the switch on your analogue IO board (the one near the VGA port) to stop using sync on green. (move the switch in the direction of the GPIO pins on the DE10 nano)
then if you still dont get sync on your scart TV, make sure in the mister.ini you have set composite video to 1.
you can modify the INI file by choosing scripts, then select the ini_settings and modify the composite setting.

alternatively you could change your mister to use ypbpr = 1 in the ini file, then set your PVM to use component video. flick the switch towards the VGA port in the case that you _do_ want sync-on-green.

all the best
dergrunepunkt

Unread post by dergrunepunkt »

Can a crap cable, I mean non or poorly shielded cable be the problem?
darksakul

Unread post by darksakul »

dergrunepunkt wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:37 pm Can a crap cable, I mean non or poorly shielded cable be the problem?
Very unlikely. RGBs or RGsB has to be generated from the source device.
A Poorly shielded cable will just results in noise in the signal and not a shift in sync type.
It is my great regret that we live in an age that is proud of machines that think and suspicious of people who try to.