Connecting the MiSTer to a Candy Cab

Discussion about displays and related hardware including MiSTer filters and video settings.
DMSLYR

Connecting the MiSTer to a Candy Cab

Unread post by DMSLYR »

Hi Everyone,
I'd really like to get my newly acquired MiSTer connected to my Blast City Candy Cab. I've tried a variety of settings for the VGA output and connecting to the VGA input on the cabinet but the image never syncs. I've also tried going via HDMI to a VGA adapter and no luck there either.

The MiSTer works properly when connected to a CRT TV I have connected via VGA to Component and also by connecting to a LCD monitor so I know it functions properly. Also before anyone asks yes the Blast City displays a proper image both with a Naomi via VGA and also through JAMMA. This one as a auto tri sync 15, 24 and 31 khz monitor.

Can anyone help?
OriginalXOR

Re: Connecting the MiSTer to a Candy Cab

Unread post by OriginalXOR »

Sounds like you need one of these:
https://misteraddons.com/products/mistercade
98pacecar

Unread post by 98pacecar »

Not sure it’ll be a lot of help, but mine synced in my blast with the default config on the mister using the analog io board.

I do have a 2931 in mine, which auto switches. If you have a 2930 you’ll need to set the dip switches for the monitor properly.
DMSLYR

Unread post by DMSLYR »

OriginalXOR wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:19 pm Sounds like you need one of these:
https://misteraddons.com/products/mistercade
Yeah I've been waiting for them to come back in stock. (Hopefully this year)
DMSLYR

Unread post by DMSLYR »

98pacecar wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:46 pm Not sure it’ll be a lot of help, but mine synced in my blast with the default config on the mister using the analog io board.

I do have a 2931 in mine, which auto switches. If you have a 2930 you’ll need to set the dip switches for the monitor properly.
Thanks, the one I have is a 2933. When I get home from work I'll see if there are any manual dip switches.
Muushey

Unread post by Muushey »

OriginalXOR wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:19 pm
Yeah I've been waiting for them to come back in stock. (Hopefully this year)
Same here, I just thought the notification wasn't working on misteraddons. Glad to see others are waiting too.
DMSLYR

Unread post by DMSLYR »

UPDATE: So the source of the issue wasn't config related. I was using a lemony vengeance converter for the controls connected to the Jamma Harness. I didn't realize it was attempting to send video as well. Once that was removed the MiSTer displays on screen from both VGA and HDMI. The quality is significantly worse than via actual Arcade PCBs connected via Jamma so there may still be things I need to adjust in the config file.

I think I am just going to wait for the Mistercade to become available and stick to one PBC at a time until then.
rester159

Unread post by rester159 »

I'm connecting the Mister/Mistercade to my Blast city and the image as a weird curvature on the side with some dead space. This does not happen with other PCBs. I suspect it's an .ini file issue but I don't know how to address (I used the 15kHz-YOKO ini file from the Mistercade config folder - maybe it needs tweaking?)
Shuffle7

Unread post by Shuffle7 »

would i need a mistercade to connect to a arcade 1up cabinet?
Munkleson

Unread post by Munkleson »

DMSLYR wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:20 pm

UPDATE: So the source of the issue wasn't config related. I was using a lemony vengeance converter for the controls connected to the Jamma Harness. I didn't realize it was attempting to send video as well. Once that was removed the MiSTer displays on screen from both VGA and HDMI. The quality is significantly worse than via actual Arcade PCBs connected via Jamma so there may still be things I need to adjust in the config file.

I think I am just going to wait for the Mistercade to become available and stick to one PBC at a time until then.

Did you ever manage a solid solution? I'm dealing with a similar issue. I have the Mistercade (Works perfect in Astro City). When connecting it via the VGA port of the tri-sync Blast City monitor, I can't seem to get a steady image. Both Mister and Monitor work perfect in separate setups.