Brightness on a CRT

Discussion about displays and related hardware including MiSTer filters and video settings.
Captain FPGA

Brightness on a CRT

Unread post by Captain FPGA »

So I've got my Mister connected via DSUB15 to SCART cable on a PVM. Some cores come in a little bright for my taste. I'm aware of the filters within these cores and I have access to my TV's service menu so I could adjust things there if need be, but before I play around with those. Is there a universal Mister setting that let's me lower the brightness?

If I mess around with the brightness on the TV it may effect other actual consoles I play on. Same goes for my TV's service menu. There an option within the ini I can use or am I left at the mercy of said filters?
Dreams don't die!
thorr
Top Contributor

Re: Brightness on a CRT

Unread post by thorr »

You can play with the setting hdmi_limited. This might make the difference. Edit: forgot you are using the VGA IO board. I don't think that applies in this case.
FoxbatStargazer
Top Contributor

Unread post by FoxbatStargazer »

There is some way in the ini to specify a default scaling filter (though that won't apply to simple analog). Maybe that could also apply to the gamma correction feature though, which does offer some darkening options and IIRC works with analog output.
balladof32

Unread post by balladof32 »

Did you resolve your brightness issue ? I’m experiencing similar