Getting sound from only one speaker

Discussion about displays and related hardware including MiSTer filters and video settings.
Bouboule69

Getting sound from only one speaker

Unread post by Bouboule69 »

Hey everyone,

So I have this problem while using MiSTer on my CRT TV: I only get the sound from one side.

The best exemple I can give is, while playing Sonic, when I'm collecting 3 rings in a row, I only get either one ring sound from the middle ring, or two ring sounds from the left and right rings, but no sound from the middle one (the sound is supposed to go from left to right for each rings you collect).

I can set my TV setting to get the sound from both speakers, but the problem remain: missing sounds, missing parts of musics etc...

Here is my setup:
https://i.goopics.net/7fx3w2.jpg

DE10Nano >HDMI to VGA converter > Monochrome RGB > Scart

I know for a fact that the problem is located between my MiSTer config and the VGA converter, as when I unplug the sound cable and plug headphones to the VGA converter, I only get sound from one side too.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks!
gamesfan

Re: Getting sound from only one speaker

Unread post by gamesfan »

replace the VGA converter? if you tired headphones and it does the same thing it likey isnt the cable. Nor is there a MISTER setting to only have left or right play. Usually its mono or sterio but both speakers would work.. its almost like the connection on one side isnt working. the 3.5mm jack has a couple poles one for each side and maybe the adapter is faulty. I imagine they are like 10 bucks on amazon.
Bouboule69

Re: Getting sound from only one speaker

Unread post by Bouboule69 »

This is actually my second VGA converter. My first one (exact same model) wasn't working at all (which as been source of quite a headeache already...).

Before purchasing a third one, if anyone could recommend me another model known to work well, I would really appreciate it.