Refresh min/max

Discussion about displays and related hardware including MiSTer filters and video settings.
ash2fpga

Refresh min/max

Unread post by ash2fpga »

Has anyone tried out setting refresh_min/refresh_max? I was wondering what meaningful values might be. Like, how strict or lax of a range.

For example, to keep from going out of sync on NTSC, for example, with PAL modes, would something like this be good? (Looks like values are UINT8, so guessing whole numbers here?)

refresh_min=58 ; vs, say 59
refresh_max=62 ; vs, say 61

I think it would be nice to use this feature, since I seem to accidentally switch into PAL on some cores, like genesis, pretty easily.
ash2fpga

Re: Refresh min/max

Unread post by ash2fpga »

I found in ini_settings.sh, refresh_min from 40-60, and refresh_max from 50-80, both in one decimal place increments.

https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Scripts ... ettings.sh
KnC

Unread post by KnC »

i only noticed the settings today my self and set them up
i connected my monitor to the pc and used nvidia control to change the settings and started at 50 and went down to 49 ect testing then went up from 60 to 61 63 ect to find the 2 outer limits i could get sync
i ended up with
refresh_min=49
refresh_max=75
with these settings i can leave vsync 2 on and computer cores like tsconf that wanted to sync at 48.5 and give me the out of sync error on my monitor now syncs at 49.5
Lisko

Unread post by Lisko »

Would be a nice addition the possibility to have refresh_min/max separated for ntsc and pal. For example my samsung tv via hdmi seems to accept 49 to 51hz (included) when in pal 50p mode and 59 to 61hz in ntsc 60p mode. This means that both 51hz and 59hz are supported but 55hz is not. It would be handy to have vsync_adjust only in the 49-51hz and 59-61hz range and for everything else fallback to vsync_adjust=0. @Sorgelig do you think that an option like this could be added to MiSTer? Thanks