YBrPr CRT Question - Pink/Purple at Startup Only

Discussion about displays and related hardware including MiSTer filters and video settings.
ItsACerealWow

YBrPr CRT Question - Pink/Purple at Startup Only

Unread post by ItsACerealWow »

Hello MiSTerFPGA community,

I have a super n00b question, but I've been gaming with my MiSTer primarily on a CRT and was wondering if it's normal to have the few seconds of pink/purple video output upon powering on the MiSTer before the video output transitions to the proper YPbPr color space. This is using a standard (analog) I/O board with a DB15-to-RCA cable for component video output and 3.5mm stereo cable for audio, and ypbpr=1 in the mister.ini file. Everything else works fantastically and video output is perfect after a few seconds. Is this normal?

Sorry if this question has been asked before - all I could find upon research was users with a constant pink-purple video output needing to set ypbpr=1 in their .ini file.

Any insights are appreciated! Thanks :D
Wave

Re: YBrPr CRT Question - Pink/Purple at Startup Only

Unread post by Wave »

Yes, I see that on mine too, same setup. It doesn't seem to be a problem or abnormal. If the wrong colors stick around, then you might have a problem.
she/her
Sarge

Unread post by Sarge »

Mine is the same way. I think it's normal.
FoxbatStargazer
Top Contributor

Unread post by FoxbatStargazer »

The purple is what you see feeding raw RGB into component input. It takes a second or two for Mister's ypbpr correction to kick in, so yeah, perfectly normal.