VGA to Component issue.

Discussion about displays and related hardware including MiSTer filters and video settings.
Selbaek

VGA to Component issue.

Unread post by Selbaek »

Hey everyone, hoping to get some help.
Long story short, I'm not weathered in analog signals and don't know much about how to assess this issue:
On a CRT TV I have, which was demoed when I bought it with a GameCube over component and looked fantastic, the signal from the MiSTer with a VGA to component cable just keeps bouncing around like an ADHD kid with pixie sticks.
I've tested the MiSTer across several different displays that can take Component cables, however I do not have any other devices that use component in my possession so I am limited on data.
I've tried replacing the cable itself, but that didn't change anything. Wondering if it's maybe a faulty IO board.

I've got my play-by-play of troubleshooting steps (with video and pictures) via a twitter thread:
https://twitter.com/SelbaekStreams/stat ... 8606984193

If there's anything I can try that I may have overlooked, please let me know! I'm eager to have this up and running :)
Lancelot

Re: VGA to Component issue.

Unread post by Lancelot »

Enable sync on green switch on IO board and then turn ypbpr=1 on mister.ini.
This is what I do to have a perfect component signal to my Wega TV.
Sigismond0

Unread post by Sigismond0 »

Yup. SoG switch is probably your culprit here. It's on the side of the IO board just around the corner from the VGA port.
Selbaek

Unread post by Selbaek »

Thank you guys! That was exactly what was happening.
I figured I was overcomplicating the matter and overlooking something simple.