Ipad 3/4 Display with HDMI converter board

Discussion about displays and related hardware including MiSTer filters and video settings.
MiSTer_Kirk

Re: Ipad 3/4 Display with HDMI converter board

Unread post by MiSTer_Kirk »

Thanks. I will try that.
For anyone waiting for a case, or still using theirs bare, I mounted mine in one of these.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07ZG41VMP/

I also mounted the converter board inside, and used sticky mounting pads to mount the buttons on the rear, so it's out of the way. With this stand, you can freely rotate the display to use horizontally, or vertically.
snoot

Unread post by snoot »

snoot wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:10 pm Got the board today, fantastic screen if anything it's too bright!

It seems happy enough at video_mode 0 (1280 x 720) in vsync_adjust=2 on Robotron, and looks fine stretched so good enough for me, big relief!

Edit: video mode 12 looks better
Looks like the display introduces a couple of frames of lag at non native resolution, so not a lot of benefit of vsync_adjust 2 at 1440 vs 1 at 1536.
snoot

Unread post by snoot »

Now then, inspired by the thread viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1438 I updated the Robotron core to run at 60hz rather than 60.1hz.

Did a quick test and I got a few intermittent blankings, but once it settled down I played to level 68 on video mode 13 and vsync_adjust 2 without experiencing any problems. Didn't get any issues on subsequent games either.

If anyone's interested in the core binary I'll see if I can put it somewhere.