UltimateMiSTer.com

Only for official MiSTer project addon boards!
lamarax
Top Contributor

Re: UltimateMiSTer.com

Unread post by lamarax »

I'm a BlisSTer man myself, so I couldn't know (▔▀ ‿ ▔▀ )ლ ▂▂⌇

:P
grizzly

Unread post by grizzly »

lamarax wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:26 pmAfter your tracker indicates that a shipment has left the country of origin, you should switch to your local service for monitoring. Ricardo dispatches orders with CTT which is the national post/carrier of Portugal, so that generally means shipments will be handled by the respective national carrier in the destination country (e.g. Deutsche Post in Germany, Royal Mail in the UK, La Poste in France etc.)

An alternative is to use an "aggregator" tracking site, such as 17track.net (especially if you're expecting stuff from outside the EU).
In some cases yes.
But with postnord here in sweden they will change the tracking number 9 times of 10 when they put it in their system, meaning no one (the seller/the buyer/postnord/the other postalservice) will know anything.
Until postnord sends you a text or a letter saying you can come get it OR pay taxes on it if it's from outside the EU.

The few times they do not change the tracking id everyone can see what is happening and it often take about a week for any text/letter to show up.
venalaine

Unread post by venalaine »

lamarax wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:26 pm After your tracker indicates that a shipment has left the country of origin, you should switch to your local service for monitoring. Ricardo dispatches orders with CTT which is the national post/carrier of Portugal, so that generally means shipments will be handled by the respective national carrier in the destination country (e.g. Deutsche Post in Germany, Royal Mail in the UK, La Poste in France etc.)

An alternative is to use an "aggregator" tracking site, such as 17track.net (especially if you're expecting stuff from outside the EU).
I have ordered stuff many times from various countries (UK, USA, Japan, China, France, Germany etc...) so I know how things work with tracking. Here in Finland the original tracking code is not usually changed by our local post office and tracking system is very reliable, I think. In this case the shipment just seems to be somewhere between the Portugal and Finland because last tracking info is dispatch from Portugal and Finland Post office tracking shows nothing. But I'm not too worried yet. I hope there will happen something during next week. :?

Ricardo sent the package on time, so this is not aimed at him. :)
lamarax
Top Contributor

Unread post by lamarax »

Dear Ricardo,

When :shock: ??

...and like somebody asked in that thread; will it be usable with the PC as well? I've been scouring the internets for a ready-made one such as this since I got Tempest4000. I managed to locate something similar in Japan a long time ago for top dollar, so I didn't buy it. Following releases by Jeff Minter (which are an experience *not-to-be-missed* especially in VR), made me forget about it for a while :mrgreen:

[Edit] Also, can it accept alternative flyweights and knobs such as these?
rickdangerous

Unread post by rickdangerous »

lamarax wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:06 pm Dear Ricardo,

When :shock: ??

...and like somebody asked in that thread; will it be usable with the PC as well? I've been scouring the internets for a ready-made one such as this since I got Tempest4000. I managed to locate something similar in Japan a long time ago for top dollar, so I didn't buy it. Following releases by Jeff Minter (which are an experience *not-to-be-missed* especially in VR), made me forget about it for a while :mrgreen:

[Edit] Also, can it accept alternative flyweights and knobs such as these?
@lamarax

Yes it's also compatible with MAME and Retroarch. Our Spinners have premium factory quality and are not cheap but work perfectly. New products will come based on this type of production.

When... I already have 160 unit reserved. We will open backorders of this soon.
Actually I already have almost all product in backorder due the high demand, with 1 week to ship. Have stock of all, 200 boards of all items produced, but need time to check, prepare and ship.

Keep Safe,
Enjoy MiSTer

MiSTer and FPGA Gaming European Shop
Classic MiSTer, MultiSystem, JAMMIX iTX and Official Addons.
https://ultimatemister.com powered by RetroShop.pt

lamarax
Top Contributor

Unread post by lamarax »

Thanks!
I've been meaning to actually use something like this mostly with:
POLYBIUS and
Moose Life,
so that's why I asked about PC (Xinput) support.

[Edit] Silly me, of course a spinner will be seen as a 2-axis mouse in windows, not as a controller :oops:
morecoffee

Unread post by morecoffee »

I received my Ultimate Mister Pro on Saturday. The case & parts are well put together and packaged for safe shipping. The PCB case is very nice looking with no external USB bridge to clutter it up, the fan is silent, and it only uses one power brick. If you are in the US and have the patience for international shipping, I found the pricing and shipping very good for a fully loaded setup.
fingus

Unread post by fingus »

Amazing Service from Ricardo at Ultimatemister.com.
Delivered from Portugal to the UK well packaged (quicker than expected despite the pandemic) the build quality is superb and it all works straight out of the box!
I had a few questions before placing my order and Ricardo was extremely helpful and answered them all. Nothing seemed too much trouble for him.
Looking forward to re-living my childhood now! :D

Highly recommended.

Thanks Ricardo and keep up the good work. :D
zmarko

Unread post by zmarko »

I cannot start any SNES or NES game and C-64 core.

Either the screen stays black or displays some random pixels.

These cores used to work in the beginning, meaning two weeks ago when I received the UltimateMisTer. I know that the C-64 core worked and starting a NES game. Starting Genesis and arcade games (or at least Arkanoid) still works by the way, also C-16 core. For the other cores I do not know since I did not use them in the beginning.

I did not really change any settings. And I installed the Mister OS from scratch on another SD card, same results.

When I run the memory test a lot of errors are detected very soon as it seems. Is it because of that? Or why does it not work?
venalaine

Unread post by venalaine »

zmarko wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:07 pm I cannot start any SNES or NES game and C-64 core.

These cores used to work in the beginning, meaning two weeks ago when I received the UltimateMisTer. I know that the C-64 core worked and starting a NES game. Starting Genesis and arcade games (or at least Arkanoid) still works by the way, also C-16 core. For the other cores I do not know since I did not use them in the beginning.

I did not really change any settings. And I installed the Mister OS from scratch on another SD card, same results.

When I run the memory test a lot of errors are detected very soon as it seems. Is it because of that? Or why does it not work?
SNES, NES and C64 all need additional SDRAM but Genesis does not. If those three cores are not working and you also get errors in memory test, you very likely have a faulty SDRAM.

Here is the list of cores which need SDRAM:

https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Main_Mi ... -use-SDRAM
rickdangerous

zmarko wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:07 pm I cannot start any SNES or NES game and C-64 core.

Maybe something wrong with RAM, pm me here or by facebook I guide you with all necessary.

zmarko

Unread post by zmarko »

It is with SDRAM. I will PM you then since I deleted my Facebook profile a long time ago.
zmarko

Unread post by zmarko »

I sent you a private message Ricardo here in this forum but it is in the outbox folder and not in the sent folder. Did you receive it?
zmarko

Unread post by zmarko »

I think this private messaging system here is broken since it displays it in the outbox folder and not in the sent folder. I sent you an email at sales@retroshop.pt and would be glad if you can reply soon. Please check your spam folder if you did not receive it.
rickdangerous

During the day will review all mails, will respond to all. Lots of work / orders last days.

Bobolobolo

Unread post by Bobolobolo »

Hello! I am a new member on this forum and I have reasently ordered some things from UltimateMiSTer.com. I have some questions about my order, and I was wondering what would be the best way to get a hold of Ricardo? (As a new member of the forum I am not allowed to send pm) I have tried facebook messenger, sales@retroshop.pt and geral@retroshop.pt, but recieved no reply. I hope everything is ok.
rickdangerous

I’m here, sorry being slow lately with answering but have been an outstanding number or orders. I’m always producing and shipping. I think will have to move all contacts to ticket system on site or lost the track of some messages.

Pm me again, I’m trying to respond to all mails and messages fastest possible.

Keep safe, Enjoy MiSTer 💾

lamarax
Top Contributor

Unread post by lamarax »

Can I hazorder 1 spinner please? :mrgreen:

...speaking of that; it's a spinner right? I mean an optical one; or is it an Atari-like paddle pot? :?:
rickdangerous

RULE #1 - DON'T USE 12V PSU ON MiSTer. IT WILL KILL YOUR HUB.

I don't mind to repair if necessary, but lets avoid this ;)

Keep Safe,
Enjoy MiSTer

Ricardo

Mellified

Unread post by Mellified »

Managed to order one of the premium model white spinners today. Very excited to use it!
rickdangerous

Thanks for all support and patience. Very busy days :)

zmarko

Unread post by zmarko »

zmarko wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:38 am I think this private messaging system here is broken since it displays it in the outbox folder and not in the sent folder. I sent you an email at sales@retroshop.pt and would be glad if you can reply soon. Please check your spam folder if you did not receive it.
I received the replacement memory module, it works now with it. Thank you!
rickdangerous

Full stock of all stuff including Full setups, new Spinners, MIDI stuff, new Stormtrooper cases, SNACs with HDMI cables and many more coming.

grizzly

Unread post by grizzly »

Is everything gone yet?
I mean it IS almost 2hours since your post :mrgreen:
gribbley

Unread post by gribbley »

Just registered to give Ricardo some props - ordered a Mister kit plus USB/Neo Geo adapters and VGA/SCART adapter and very much enjoying tinkering with it over the Easter break. Thank you!
rickdangerous

Spinners all gone in few hours yes. All others will be back soon (spinners some more days)

TomDeHugo

Unread post by TomDeHugo »

@rickdangerous Is there any way to track orders? I placed my order on 12 March and it still hasn’t arrived. I’m in the USA, so I do realize there will be a delay, but I thought that 30 days would be enough time.
dmckean

Unread post by dmckean »

TomDeHugo wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:40 pm @rickdangerous Is there any way to track orders? I placed my order on 12 March and it still hasn’t arrived. I’m in the USA, so I do realize there will be a delay, but I thought that 30 days would be enough time.
There's barely any planes flying between Europe and the US right now. It took my order about 6 1/2 weeks back in January/February.
Beeble

Unread post by Beeble »

Hell Yeah!

Startet to lose hope in Deutsche Post, but today they pulled through and moved my parcel into my happy home.

Build Quality and packaging were great, the MiSTer case (Stormtrooper white) looks way better in RL then on pics and is way above
my first 3D printed case.

I can wholeheartedly recommend Ricardo and his Shop, he is a friendly helpfull guy as most of you know and helped me out more then once
in the beginning with n00bish questions.

5/5 Stars
Rich

Unread post by Rich »

What a guy Ricardo is. Just had my blister usb board and case delivered. My mister is now fully dressed.
Communication with Ricardo was great, he was patient with me and all my questions and super helpful. My parcel was well packaged and arrived within 2 weeks of being posted.
Fully recommend anyone to do business with Ricardo. 10/10.