MiSTerFPGA.co.uk

Only for official MiSTer project addon boards!
Nat

Re: MiSTerFPGA.co.uk

Unread post by Nat »

When I first used 7TCN chips with the v2.5 memory modules, I did test internal air temperatures in the small range of cases available at time, it was during the time I began prototyping the acrylic case I sell. I even went to the point of stress testing inside an acrylic box, with no heatsink or fan on the DE10 Nano, all then wrapped tight in a polythene bag! I did not experience any issues at all with my stress testing setup so a passively cooled case from MisterAddons would even with 30C ambient air surprise me if it got anywhere close to that high of an internal air temperature.
MiSTer FPGA Add-On Boards : UK based, low cost worldwide shipping.
https://MiSTerFPGA.co.uk/
Mr.Pacman

Unread post by Mr.Pacman »

It's not my intention to hijack this thread but I just wanted to share my experience with misterfpga.co.uk. A few weeks ago, I ordered a USB hub/board, a 128MB RAM module, an acrylic case (full enclosure), and a few other small parts.

Case: looks gorgeous, easy to assemble; took 30 seconds (and I'm a clumsy person)
USB hub: has its own DC barrel jack, so no issues with peripherals that draw more power than usual
RAM module: all Jotego cores work flawlessly. No errors when running the memory tests from Jotego

Service: A+++: very fast response, very fast shipping.

If you want a hassle-free experience and high quality products, look no further. Highly recommended!
grizzly

Unread post by grizzly »

I would say that post is as far away from hijacking the tread as is possible!
Nat

Unread post by Nat »

I have completed another small batch of the mt32-pi HATs, just an update for those who messaged me and were waiting for one.

mt32-Pi for MiSTer
wodmarach

Unread post by wodmarach »

Nat stop tempting me! I've sworn off Mister purchases until the mistercade becomes available >.<
Nat

Unread post by Nat »

All OLED colour versions of the MT32-Pi HATs are available again, I know a few of you were waiting on the blue and white versions.
norweeg

Unread post by norweeg »

I would like to chime in and also give praise to Nat.
I already owned the DE-10 Nano and a 128 MB RAM expansion prior to ordering from him.
Recently I ordered a proper power supply, MT32pi hat, Analog IO Board with a Noctua fan, copper heat sink, and an in-line power switch from this site and they were shipped to the states promptly, well packed, and all work great. I just placed an order again today for a USB hub PCB and an enclosed acrylic case. Looking forward to getting those to finish off my MiSTer build! I have nothing but good things to say about ordering parts from here. Thanks Nat!
punnyandfunny

Unread post by punnyandfunny »

Hi Nat. Got the Mt32 today but I’m baffled regarding using the stand offs and screws that were included to attach it to my Pi3b, I’m obviously doing something wrong. Any chance you can help me? Or anyone. Much obliged.
Nat

Unread post by Nat »

punnyandfunny wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:04 pm I’m obviously doing something wrong. Any chance you can help me?
Your probably not doing anything wrong, the provided standoffs are an alternate standoff size for Raspberry Pi cases which use M2.5 sized threads.

The way I supply the mt32-pi HAT is with the intention of it sitting directly on top a Raspberry Pi 3 A+ using the recommended case, which is the Geekworm / UGeek aluminium case. More details here in the Wiki:

Recommended mt32-pi Case

Due to the large number of possible configurations, such as different case types and Raspberry Pi models, it is really not possible for me to offer an off the shelf mounting kit which would suit each users setup, I just include the alternate M2.5 size set of screws, nuts and standoffs for use on other RPi cases which require M2.5 sized threads, a useful tip is the black M2.5 standoffs are nylon, and this allows for them to be easily cut with a sharp knife to any required length for neatness when fitting.

If you are mounting on a bare RPi board, you may have to source additional mounting hardware to fit your configuration.
Nat

Unread post by Nat »

Just a quick update as I've had a few emails over the last week, another batch of mt32-pi HATs are ready and available on the website, all OLED color variants are in stock.
Nat

Unread post by Nat »

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all my customers for your continued support throughout 2021. Let me extend my warmest wishes for the festive season and wish everyone a very merry Christmas!

If you are ordering MiSTer bits for Christmas delivery please see my last posting dates on the website, also the dates which I will be closed and taking my Christmas and New Years holidays.

🎄 Christmas Delivery Information 2021 🎄
Bunker

Unread post by Bunker »

Hi Nat, do you sell a case for the mister that takes the blisster hub and the digital io board? Thanks.
Nat

Unread post by Nat »

Bunker wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:45 pm Hi Nat, do you sell a case for the mister that takes the blisster hub and the digital io board? Thanks.
Yes I do, the MiSTer case for Digital IO board and BlisSTer hub is available at my web store, just select the required IO board type from the drop down menu selector on the product page along with the color of case you need.
marcelosofth

Unread post by marcelosofth »

Hi Nat, do you have plans to sell this Case model? Because this model perfectly matches the MT-32pi.

Nat

Unread post by Nat »

marcelosofth wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:24 pm do you have plans to sell this Case model?
Sorry I do not.

Did you receive the free set of mt32-pi PCB's I sent to you?
marcelosofth

Unread post by marcelosofth »

Nat, yes, I did, even after receiving it I sent you a thank you email, you really did something that you rarely find in good people, I'm very happy, after many cable problems with the MT-32pi but I finally had an end happy, i bought another cable and everything is beautiful and wonderful, thank you my friend. 👏🕹️🥰
RENI

Unread post by RENI »

Hi @Nat!

I placed an order of MT32-PI HAT this Wednesday (Jan 12), but due to my stupidity, I chose the wrong shipping method. Would you please cancel my order?Already sent you a message from the website and I apologize for the inconvenience. Thanks.
Nat

Unread post by Nat »

RENI wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:44 pm I chose the wrong shipping method.
Shipping method changed as requested and your order was sent out earlier today, thanks for your custom :D
Bunker

Unread post by Bunker »

Just got my shipping notification too, can’t wait :)
ADV7842

Unread post by ADV7842 »

I wanted myself to order one of those transparent MiSTer Acrylic Casees but unfortunatly it's only compatible with a AC PowerIn. My USB hub is a v1.2 with 8 usb ports which one of it is used for USB Power IN. :(

any custom cases planed?
Nat

Unread post by Nat »

ADV7842 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:51 am I wanted myself to order one of those transparent MiSTer Acrylic Casees but unfortunatly it's only compatible with a AC PowerIn. My USB hub is a v1.2 with 8 usb ports which one of it is used for USB Power IN. :(

any custom cases planed?
Please feel free to send me a message via my websites contact form with your full MiSTer stack specification, I should then be able to custom cut an end panel allowing it to accommodate your setup.
Bunker

Unread post by Bunker »

Just want to say thanks to Nat for the great service he provided for all of my mister parts. Just put it all together and updating the software side of it now :)

Will deffo use his store again.
FPGA64
Top Contributor

Unread post by FPGA64 »

Yes I just got my upgrade parts to swap to a Digital and Dual Ram Setup. Great service as usual from Nat
rhester72
Top Contributor

Unread post by rhester72 »

Nat is easily the most generous, honest, and fair seller out there.

Ordered a MT-32 pi prebuild from him (which arrived VERY quickly in the US!), had some persistent technical issues, and he showed amazing patience and class helping me all the way through (which ultimately turned out to be a hardware fault totally unrelated to his product!). Very, VERY recommended seller...you cannot go wrong!
Nat

Unread post by Nat »

rhester72 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:12 am Nat is easily the most generous, honest, and fair seller out there.
Thanks for the very kind words, and also your generosity!

Enjoy the the awesomeness that is the mt32-pi on MiSTer :D
Nat

Unread post by Nat »

I've had a large number of email requests over the last few weeks to make the mt32-pi lite PCB set available so others could build one for themselves. My long term intention was and still is to offer full kits, with all parts needed to build your own excluding the Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W. At the moment I am still waiting on a few more parts needed to complete the kits, so in the meantime I have added just the bare PCB set to the online store. I will update here again once the kits are ready to sell.

PCB sets are here:

Buy MiSTer FPGA mt32-pi lite

mt32-pi-lite.jpg
mt32-pi-lite.jpg (166.03 KiB) Viewed 10933 times
SpaceFlightOrange

Unread post by SpaceFlightOrange »

Hello.

Thought I should share my experience with people, to help them decide on whether to use MiSTerFPGA.co.uk or not.

I got my DE-10 almost a year ago and the first thing I bought was an acrylic plate with fan and a 128mb stick from Nat at MiSTerFPGA.co.uk. all fine no problem.

When I decided to get an Analogue IO board and a hub, I was chatting on an Amiga group on Facebook and a guy told me he sells them as a pair for £50, quite a bit cheaper, so I took a chance, I initially had a few problems when the hub was attached, the de-10 wouldn't power up, turned out to be a dodgy in-line switch. I also bought a Meanwell PSU and case from Nat.

The guy who sold me the boards was really helpful and friendly, and helped me get up and running, even sending me another hub to compare. I got going but it never felt truly stable.

Recently I bought an MT32-Pi from Nat, but I foolishly didn't order the USB A-A cable, thinking the one I had would work. It didn't, and 3 cables later I still wasn't up and running, so I spoke to Nat who covered off all possible scenarios and concluded It was either the cable still or the IO board. in the meantime my USB Hub had started intermittently turning off and on, meaning I'd lose connectivity for a second, quite regularly.

So I decided to buy a new Digital IO board and a hub from Nat, and kindly he threw in a new A-A cable. when the new boards arrived, I first tested the new power splitter and the A-A cable and still no luck. This confirmed that the Analog IO board has a fault.

I now have my MiSTer running on the MeanWell PSU, the Digital IO and Hub, 128mb ram and nice case and MT32-Pi, all from MiSTerFPGA.co.uk and I couldn't be happier with the quality of the components (I no longer have any power issues) and the service I have received.

TL;DR
You can get components cheaper but not all things are equal. you get what you pay for. If you are in the UK, go with MiSTerFPGA.co.uk
Schyz

Unread post by Schyz »

Nat wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:17 pm I've had a large number of email requests over the last few weeks to make the mt32-pi lite PCB set available so others could build one for themselves. My long term intention was and still is to offer full kits, with all parts needed to build your own excluding the Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W. At the moment I am still waiting on a few more parts needed to complete the kits, so in the meantime I have added just the bare PCB set to the online store. I will update here again once the kits are ready to sell.
Will you ever sell the MT32-Pi Lite assembled?

I have one of your regular MT32-PI hats and I'm very happy with it, but I was looking forward to something smaller in my desk.
Nat

Unread post by Nat »

Schyz wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:27 am Will you ever sell the MT32-Pi Lite assembled?

I have one of your regular MT32-PI hats and I'm very happy with it, but I was looking forward to something smaller in my desk.
Yes I will, as soon as they are ready I will add them to my web store and update with a post here.
xwilliammeex

Unread post by xwilliammeex »

Nat’s store has routinely had stuff that I found hard to get here in the USA and they shipped it to me here quickly, with tracking, and without taking an arm and a leg to do it.

They also helped me generously with a replacement part for something that I offered to pay for! Definite recommendation from me!