MiSTerFPGA.co.uk

Only for official MiSTer project addon boards!
JonnyTenebrous

Re: MiSTerFPGA.co.uk

Unread post by JonnyTenebrous »

Nat wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:10 pm I should have finished the first batch of complete mt32-Pi hats this week, I will post here as soon as they are live on the webiste.

In the meantime I had a number of requests to make the PCB's available so added them for those who wanted to make their own mt32-Pi for MiSTer Pi hat PCB
Awesome, Nat! I was just about to email you and ask, but checked here first just in case. I'll definitely be picking one of these babies up ASAP!

Follow-up question for you. It appears that, by default, MT32-pi has users relying on the (poor-quality) PWM 1/8" jack built into the Pi for output (aliasing/distortion at low volumes, etc.). The MT32-pi does have optional support for I2S DACs with much improved output quality. Will your MT32-pi modules come with improved output built in, or perhaps allow for an alternative method for users to add an I2S DAC w/out too much hassle?

Edit: I answered my own question about hifi output by digging further into the MT32-Pi github. MT32-Pi pipes I2S data through the cable connected to the MiSTer IO port, mixing the audio with MiSTers internal audio output. Genius! That means my all-digital toslink DAC/AMP set is all ready to go with MT32-pi. Furthermore, the MiSTer can power the MT32-Pi over this same cable, meaning I can remove another power brick from my setup. This is so exciting!

Cheers!
MISTerMark

Unread post by MISTerMark »

Another happy customer here, I ordered a few items in the past from nat and they all worked great, were well packaged and arrived promptly.

Many thanks.
b0bje

Unread post by b0bje »

Very happy customer of Nat's !
Already using this IO board, USB hub, copper cooler with noctua fan & 128Mb ram.

Currently awaiting mt32-pi pcb, rtc module, power cable with switch and tape interface + grey plexi enclosure.
A bit unfortunate the brexit will make this order 50% more expensive due to import costs & VAT.
ah well... such is life.
JonnyTenebrous

Hi @Nat,

Any rough ETA on ready-to-go MT-32Pi hats/cables for purchase? A month isn't too soon to ask since the question was last raised, I hope :).
Nat

Unread post by Nat »

JonnyTenebrous wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:43 am Any rough ETA on ready-to-go MT-32Pi hats/cables for purchase? A month isn't too soon to ask since the question was last raised, I hope :).
Happy to provide an update, basically my shipment of male to male USB 3.0 cables are inside a shipping container slowly travelling via sea to me in the UK. As I wanted to keep shipping costs low and being a large order. Based upon the information I have on hand expected ETA for the cables is within the next 7 to 10 days.

The good news is the actual mt-32pi hats are finished, ready for sale and in hand :D

In the meantime, I will add the built mt-32pi hat to my store, so those who already have a suitable USB cable or are happy to source one themselves can purchase just the hat, I will get this live and added to the website by the end of tomorrow (22/02/21).
MiSTer FPGA Add-On Boards : UK based, low cost worldwide shipping.
https://MiSTerFPGA.co.uk/
bazza_12
Top Contributor

Unread post by bazza_12 »

Nat wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:50 pmHappy to provide an update, basically my shipment of male to male USB 3.0 cables are inside a shipping container slowly travelling via sea to me in the UK. As I wanted to keep shipping costs low and being a large order. Based upon the information I have on hand expected ETA for the cables is within the next 7 to 10 days.
i'll hang fire until you get the cables, Nat.. nice one.
The music is reversible but time is not. Turn back. Turn back
MiSTer_Kirk

Unread post by MiSTer_Kirk »

In the meantime, I will add the built mt-32pi hat to my store, so those who already have a suitable USB cable or are happy to source one themselves can purchase just the hat, I will get this live and added to the website by the end of tomorrow (22/02/21).
Hey Nat, did you sell all of them in one go ?
I just tried to buy one, and it says it's only available on back order.
Also, what happens with SNAC ? Do you have to keep swapping the MT32 and the SNAC, every time you want to use one or the other ?
Nat

Unread post by Nat »

MiSTer_Kirk wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:21 pm Hey Nat, did you sell all of them in one go ?
Pretty much, I had 60 built and completed and they sold out in about 24 hours from being placed live onto the store.
MiSTer_Kirk wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:21 pm I just tried to buy one, and it says it's only available on back order.
If you have a quick read of my delivery page I give an explanation on what I mean when an item is set on 'backorder' status. I am however currently building another 40 mt32-pi hat's at the moment, so feel free to order. But my time is split as I also have to keep up with building other board types.
MiSTer_Kirk wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:21 pm Also, what happens with SNAC ? Do you have to keep swapping the MT32 and the SNAC, every time you want to use one or the other ?
Yes correct, you can only use one or the other at any time.
MiSTer_Kirk

Unread post by MiSTer_Kirk »

Thanks nat. I will put in a order a bit later.
One last thing, I ordered the SNAC adapter and 5 add-ons from you, back on 25th Jan. All working great apart from the Atari 2600 one. After a bit of googling, it seems I need the ADC-in board and a 3.5mm audio cable to use paddles ?
bazza_12
Top Contributor

Nat wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:59 pm Pretty much, I had 60 built and completed and they sold out in about 24 hours from being placed live onto the store.
bloody hell. great work nat.
olekk77

Unread post by olekk77 »

I ordered from Nat, and i'm very pleased! :)

I had just gotten my de10 nano from digikey, and failed to realise the importance of a proper heatsink... they didn't have to model i wanted anyway... so i didn't order from them, not even from Nat.

However, with my order, which was a 32mb sdram and a 4amps psu and a psu switch shunt, Nat had sent me a little surprise which i didn't even ask for nor ordered.... but which i needed sorely... There in the box which came in the mail, was a brand new heatsink of exactly the right model and size which i needed! :) Thankyou Nat! :)

It would have taken near forever to place another order somewhere else on the net, and have to wait for the mail to arrive again.

I am very pleased about that surprise! :)
Also, the ram and psu works perfectly!

Thankyou Nat! :)
Nat

Unread post by Nat »

MiSTer_Kirk wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:01 pm After a bit of googling, it seems I need the ADC-in board and a 3.5mm audio cable to use paddles ?
Yes that is correct, the Atari adapter also requires an ADC input and a 3.5mm AUX cable if you wish to use the Atari paddle controller. However the Atari joystick controller does not require any additional hardware to function.
Filmcriticbeta

Unread post by Filmcriticbeta »

Hi. I bought an MT-32pi hat recently from you. Works like a charm, however I was wondering if there was any recommendations for case/baseplate for a raspberry pi 3a+ that was compatible with your hat?
d0pefish
mt32-pi Creator

Unread post by d0pefish »

Filmcriticbeta wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:02 am Hi. I bought an MT-32pi hat recently from you. Works like a charm, however I was wondering if there was any recommendations for case/baseplate for a raspberry pi 3a+ that was compatible with your hat?
See the first question under "Miscellaneous" in the FAQ :)
https://github.com/dwhinham/mt32-pi/wik ... rry-pi-3-a
Sterbi

Unread post by Sterbi »

Nat wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:50 pm Happy to provide an update, basically my shipment of male to male USB 3.0 cables are inside a shipping container slowly travelling via sea to me in the UK. As I wanted to keep shipping costs low and being a large order. Based upon the information I have on hand expected ETA for the cables is within the next 7 to 10 days.

The good news is the actual mt-32pi hats are finished, ready for sale and in hand :D

Hi Nat. Do you have any update about availability of those cables? I would love to get MT32-pi from you, but I found out that it's not that easy to source short USB3 cables around here (which would be guaranteed to work fine)

Thanks
Filmcriticbeta

Unread post by Filmcriticbeta »

d0pefish wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:15 am
Filmcriticbeta wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:02 am Hi. I bought an MT-32pi hat recently from you. Works like a charm, however I was wondering if there was any recommendations for case/baseplate for a raspberry pi 3a+ that was compatible with your hat?
See the first question under "Miscellaneous" in the FAQ :)
https://github.com/dwhinham/mt32-pi/wik ... rry-pi-3-a
D’Oh!

Well that was a somewhat embarrassing oversight.
Nat

Unread post by Nat »

Sterbi wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:13 pm Hi Nat. Do you have any update about availability of those cables?
Currently with good old Parcel Force, at least they are in the UK now. I expect delivery anytime now.

Due to many requests from my South Korean and German customers I have added the Helios Yellow case, It is a perfect match for the yellow OLED mt32-pi HATs :)

It's crazy the amount of new orders I have recently been receiving from South Korea. It really is awesome thanks so much for supporting my store, the MiSTer scene must be really taking off there!

Here is a few pictures of the new colour way:

helios yellow case.png
helios yellow case.png (2.25 MiB) Viewed 18962 times
helios yellow case again.png
helios yellow case again.png (2.37 MiB) Viewed 18962 times
dataDave

Unread post by dataDave »

At the beginning of the month, I ordered all of my add-ons from Nat for tomorrow's birthday build and received everything well ahead of time. Everything arrived here in the Netherlands just dandy. It's taken some serious restraint not to rip into everything!

Nat, I absolutely love your regular acrylic covers and how you opted to just scoop out where the button access is. I’d love to see more colours at some point; like pink, purple and even opaque black and opaque white. I'd buy the lot! (I'm such a diva).

Seriously though, black base and trans. purple top, or white base and trans. pink top. That'd be so sick, man. I'd even contemplate building a second MiSTer just so I could rock both combos simultaneously.
LamerDeluxe
Top Contributor

Unread post by LamerDeluxe »

I've just received my MT32-pi hat today. Haven't tested it yet, but it looks fantastic. Much smaller than it looks in photos, excellent craftsmanship and really fast shipping. Can't wait to try it (my Pi 3 A+ case should arrive tomorrow, now to order a short USB 3 cable).
Nat

Unread post by Nat »

I have now received a fair few emails asking for some advance notification on when the next batch of mt32-pi HATs will be on sale, as they sold out so quickly last time. This next batch consists of 30 units of each OLED colour screen version (white, blue, yellow).

mt32-pi orders will be open on Sunday 21/03/2021 @ 2.00pm GMT

Buy an mt32-pi

misterfpga.co.uk-mt32-pi.jpg
misterfpga.co.uk-mt32-pi.jpg (84.3 KiB) Viewed 18705 times
Nat

Unread post by Nat »

The last batch of mt32-pi HATs sold out again, this time it was in six hours :o

Thanks for all the orders! I will have another batch in production shortly as I have enough parts to build another 90 mt32-pi's.
JonnyTenebrous

Popular item! Can you confirm that we'll be able to order an MT32-pi cable as a standalone component, then? (when they're available, of course). I bought a hat this round, but it will be nice to be able to connect it to the MiSTer.
bazza_12
Top Contributor

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0891X229X/ this is the one i bought.. works fine..
venalaine

Unread post by venalaine »

Does someone know if there are some extra delays at the moment when sending goods from UK to European Union? It seems that my order left UK 11.03.2021 but after that nothing has happened on tracking.
WiteWulf

Unread post by WiteWulf »

venalaine wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:04 am Does someone know if there are some extra delays at the moment when sending goods from UK to European Union? It seems that my order left UK 11.03.2021 but after that nothing has happened on tracking.
Sadly yes

Stupid stupid stupid brexit and our excuse for a government's inept attempt at implementing the customs changes means that goods moving in and out of the UK, and particularly to the EU, can be subject to long delays. I had to wait 3 weeks for my DE10 to leave a warehouse in the UK once it arrived from the States a few weeks ago.
BigMac2

Unread post by BigMac2 »

Nat wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:13 pm I have now received a fair few emails asking for some advance notification on when the next batch of mt32-pi HATs will be on sale, as they sold out so quickly last time. This next batch consists of 30 units of each OLED colour screen version (white, blue, yellow).
Hi Nat,

I've just received the mt32-pi hat from you, I'm very pleased with this cute little thing. But I've got an issue, the synth and button control do work, but the screen doesn't display anything neither on OSD. I've tried playing around with the mt32-pi.cfg file with no result.

Thanks!

Edit: I’ve finally RTFM on GitHub and everything is working like a charm now, my dream retro gaming setup is almost complete!

P.S. I was worrying about the display I've picked, but I'm glad I've chosen yellow.
IMG_4208.jpg
IMG_4208.jpg (180.9 KiB) Viewed 20201 times
Nat

Unread post by Nat »

BigMac2 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:24 pm I'm very pleased with this cute little thing.
Glad you like it, I love mine!

Okay another mt32-pi batch should be available over the weekend, I have been shipping out the orders from the last batch all week and should be finished tomorrow.

So far the most popular OLED colour is white, but my personal favourite is yellow :)

mt32-pi-Yellow-OLED-Screen-MiSTer-FPGA.png
mt32-pi-Yellow-OLED-Screen-MiSTer-FPGA.png (1.35 MiB) Viewed 20150 times
RascalUK

Unread post by RascalUK »

Just wanted to thank Nat for being a superstar and having next-level customer service. Got my MT32-Pi and replacement power cable (which he forced me to have!!) yesterday and couldn't be happier. Thanks pal!
Nat

Unread post by Nat »

Just a quick update hopefully giving you plenty of time to put an order in over the UK Easter holiday weekend for an mt32-Pi HAT.

I have completed another batch. All OLED screen colours are in stock but I expect white will sell out quickly as it always does, I also have USB3 male / male cables available to be included with your order should you need one.

Buy your MiSTer mt32-Pi HAT here
allyourbasekris

Unread post by allyourbasekris »

Sending more love Nat's way, I upgraded to a 128mb ram module, it arrived promptly and it works flawlessly. Thanks Nat.