MiSTerFPGA.co.uk

Only for official MiSTer project addon boards!
mrtomato

Re: MiSTerFPGA.co.uk

Unread post by mrtomato »

I just another package from Misterfpga.co.uk, as always aukcji delivery and very good quality. I ordered new model of fazę and switch. Case is very good quality, but in order to screw this I nad to trim little bit of plastik key kufer ring, because when I screw it one of buttons was pushed, because one of buttons was soldered not really pretty and was rower little bit. IDK WHO manufactured my IO board, because i bought Nano and IO board as used set.

Now I am looking for buy set of SNAC adapters.

Merry Xmas.
evilpaul13

Unread post by evilpaul13 »

Does USPS do the shipping once it arrives in the US or is it a private company? I'm not exaggerating when I say that it'they're sitting on my mail longer than it has taken for things to arrive from China to my house before.
Nat

Unread post by Nat »

evilpaul13 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:00 am Does USPS do the shipping once it arrives in the US or is it a private company?....
Sorry to hear your order has not arrived yet, your package would be delivered by USPS. If you can please use my website’s contact page and let me know your order number I can help and investigate it from there. Cheers!

MiSTer FPGA UK Contact Page
MiSTer FPGA Add-On Boards : UK based, low cost worldwide shipping.
https://MiSTerFPGA.co.uk/
Weario

Unread post by Weario »

I have bought my MiSTer from Nat a couple of months ago and I am very happy. Some components were in backorder, but once they arrived, they were very swift to send the package my way. Haven't had a single problem with my MiSTer to this day. Thank you!
pacoarcade

Unread post by pacoarcade »

Amazing service from Nat. The Digital I/O Board received works perfect, and the Neptune case has surpassed my expectations. It's beautiful, solid and the acrylic oozes quality. Also, he was kind enough to send me four spacers for the USB Hub I already built saving me from another purchase.

Definitely recommended A+++.
xtcrefugee

Unread post by xtcrefugee »

Hi Nat, do you have any plans to stock the new MT32-pi hat? https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Hardwar ... /MT32PiHat

I've been impressed by the quality of your boards so far (I ordered a USB 2.1 hub late last year) and was hoping I'd be able to get one of these from you as well, ideally including the upper top board which acts as a surround for the little LCD.

Thanks!
Nat

Unread post by Nat »

xtcrefugee wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:43 am Hi Nat, do you have any plans to stock the new MT32-pi hat?
Yes I certainly do, I am just waiting for the PCB's (top and bottom plates) to arrive with me, then I will produce a batch!
allyourbasekris

Unread post by allyourbasekris »

Nat wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:15 pm
xtcrefugee wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:43 am Hi Nat, do you have any plans to stock the new MT32-pi hat?
Yes I certainly do, I am just waiting for the PCB's (top and bottom plates) to arrive with me, then I will produce a batch!
Oh well, who needs money anyway? Count me in.
Alkadian
Top Contributor

Unread post by Alkadian »

@Nat,
That's cool. I can't wait for it.
Obraxis

Unread post by Obraxis »

Just a shout-out to Nat for the speed & quality of his products. I've build loads of MiSTers for people now and his products are the only ones which never have an issue, using consistent parts. Top bloke.
Nat

Unread post by Nat »

Sneak peek of the MT32-pi top plate!

MiSTerFPGA.co.uk-MT32-pi.jpg
MiSTerFPGA.co.uk-MT32-pi.jpg (194.06 KiB) Viewed 18663 times
Alkadian
Top Contributor

Nat wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:03 pm Sneak peek of the MT32-pi top plate!

MiSTerFPGA.co.uk-MT32-pi.jpg
Looking good Nat!
NML32

Unread post by NML32 »

That looks very nice.
lamarax
Top Contributor

Unread post by lamarax »

You're onto it Nat!

That said, I've a (rather OT) question that's been bugging me, and since I haven't ordered anything from the UK (into the EU) after the 1st, maybe you can clarify it: what happens with VAT? I mean is it still levied upon purchase as before, or have we to go through customs? If it's the latter then things are looking bad, as most carriers charge exorbitant amounts just to process.

[edit] for example, DHL asks for 45€ flat on declared values under 150!! (then rates go proportionally up), whether an item needs clearance or not 😨
I guess this last minute trade deal hasn't been detailed enough to us small-time consumers/direct buyers...
grizzly

Unread post by grizzly »

Here in sweden it changed jan1 so all UK packets go trough customs, and many uk shops have banners/etc saying no no more VAT will be collected.
So i assume it´s the same for all EU!
Kjeldsen

Unread post by Kjeldsen »

lamarax wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:03 pm
You're onto it Nat!

That said, I've a (rather OT) question that's been bugging me, and since I haven't ordered anything from the UK (into the EU) after the 1st, maybe you can clarify it: what happens with VAT? I mean is it still levied upon purchase as before, or have we to go through customs? If it's the latter then things are looking bad, as most carriers charge exorbitant amounts just to process.

[edit] for example, DHL asks for 45€ flat on declared values under 150!! (then rates go proportionally up), whether an item needs clearance or not 😨
I guess this last minute trade deal hasn't been detailed enough to us small-time consumers/direct buyers...
I would avoid any UK shops unless you are in the UK, and if you are in UK you should avoid any EU shops.

From a danish viewpoint i am looking into 25% vat on top of whatever i buy (including the british vat). And if i buy something that isn't produced in the UK for example someone re-selling a piece that was made in china i will have to pay an import tax, depending on the item i am importing that can be anything from 0% to xx%

And finally besides the usual postage fee there is a fee on handling import tax, in my case that can be anything from 20-45 Euro

TLDR; Shopping online from the UK is pretty much like shopping from the USA or any other country outside the EU, expensive.
lamarax
Top Contributor

Unread post by lamarax »

Bummer :(

I've been studying a little bit on the matter, and it seems that until 'all systems are stable' even on a small business level, one might get charged with UK VAT on top. That would make purchasing from the UK in the next days, the most expensive proposition ever (I mean having a 50% surcharge, disregarding shipping, + the exorbitant 'administrative' fee for clearing customs that most carriers demand).

I guess this means kiss goodbye to the small UK outlets for us retail buyers in EU countries. Pity, as a good number of retrogaming and arcade hardware suppliers are based there... Farewell Arcadeworlduk, it was a privilege dealing with you in the past 10-15 years 😢
Kjeldsen

Unread post by Kjeldsen »

lamarax wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:13 pm Bummer :(

I've been studying a little bit on the matter, and it seems that until 'all systems are stable' even on a small business level, one might get charged with UK VAT on top. That would make purchasing from the UK in the next days, the most expensive proposition ever (I mean having a 50% surcharge, disregarding shipping, + the exorbitant 'administrative' fee for clearing customs that most carriers demand).

I guess this means kiss goodbye to the small UK outlets for us retail buyers in EU countries. Pity, as a good number of retrogaming and arcade hardware suppliers are based there... Farewell Arcadeworlduk, it was a privilege dealing with you in the past 10-15 years 😢
Yep, it will become prohibitive expensive ordering from UK websites, on the other side there is a chance that webshops in Germany will pick up the lost business.
movisman

Unread post by movisman »

Just wanted to give a quick shout out to Nat - I ordered pretty much everything for my MiSTer from MiSTerFPGA.co.uk and have been really pleased with the quality of products i've received. The acrylic case is great too. Also, support and replies to emails have been quick and helpful - even when i've sent him a few lengthy questions about SDRAM, he always takes the time to respond.

Thanks Nat!
NightShadowPT

Unread post by NightShadowPT »

Hi!

I just checked the shop and I cannot seem to find any "ready to use" MP32-Pi hats, just the unpopulated PCB.

Are these available yet?
xtcrefugee

Unread post by xtcrefugee »

NightShadowPT wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:27 am Hi!

I just checked the shop and I cannot seem to find any "ready to use" MP32-Pi hats, just the unpopulated PCB.

Are these available yet?
I think the unpopulated PCBs were literally just added in the last day, so give Nat a chance! :)

I'll be waiting for the complete hat too as I don't trust my soldering skills, I managed to sheer off one stand-off just putting the Pi into a case.

I see there's also an optional shim now, although it only has the right-hand port: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4736679
hariseldon

Unread post by hariseldon »

Just want to add to the chorus of recommendations - I picked up basically the entire kit bar the DE-10 and it all came perfectly packaged with absolutely zero chance of anything getting broken in transit. Customer service is spot on and Nat even coped admirably with me being a complete muppet not knowing what I was doing initially (thankfully I now have a bit more of a handle on all of this). Thanks to Nat and the geniuses who create this stuff I now have an absolutely incredible machine sat on my desk that can play all the greatest games ever made, and I can muck around with Deluxe Paint, STOS, AMOS and Sequencer One. It's really hard to explain just how good this stuff is, but then again you guys are using it every day so you know already. I'm so glad I found out about this! I will of course spread the word beyond the community - sadly I doubt I have the capability to offer much help with cores and software but I can certainly spread the word.
Nat

Unread post by Nat »

I should have finished the first batch of complete mt32-Pi hats this week, I will post here as soon as they are live on the webiste.

In the meantime I had a number of requests to make the PCB's available so added them for those who wanted to make their own mt32-Pi for MiSTer Pi hat PCB
Alkadian
Top Contributor

Nat wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:10 pm I should have finished the first batch of complete mt32-Pi hats this week, I will post here as soon as they are live on the webiste.

In the meantime I had a number of requests to make the PCB's available so added them for those who wanted to make their own mt32-Pi for MiSTer Pi hat PCB
Great News Nat!
LamerDeluxe
Top Contributor

Unread post by LamerDeluxe »

I ordered the new clear (uncolored) acrylic case and it is everything I had been waiting for in a MiSTer case since I got it. It has labels for all the ports and buttons/switches, which looks cool, it has a fan grill of exactly the right size, helping to keep the dust out and a large official MiSTer logo. Now I can see the cool looking internals of MiSTer and all the pretty lights. It is also really easy to put together, just mind the fingerprints or wear non-powdered gloves.

Question to Nat, why don't you produce MiSTer boards in the beautiful blue-green color of the Nano? The boards I have are that color and it looks fantastic, especially in combination with the brass stand-offs (and also with beige/brown fans).

The included 3D printed buttons didn't fit though, because the seller of my analog I/O board used taller switches for some reason.

However, I bought an 8 mm clear acrylic rod and 8 mm transparent silicone rings (at an online piercing shop, haha, they have all sizes of these rings, super handy). Sadly the rod turned out to be 8.3 mm in diameter (which is influenced by temperature as well). So I'll have to sand it down a little and then polish it. But after that I expect it will look amazing when made into button push rods (tm) for this acrylic case.

I got the analog input board as well (ADC) and it is not vertically centered in the opening of the acrylic case, just a slight cosmetic thing. All in all I am super happy with the new case and highly recommend it, IMO the best acrylic case you can get and available in different colors as well.
JonnyTenebrous

Unread post by JonnyTenebrous »

Nat wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:10 pm I should have finished the first batch of complete mt32-Pi hats this week, I will post here as soon as they are live on the webiste.

Awesome, Nat! I was just about to email you and ask, but checked here first just in case. I'll definitely be picking one of these babies up ASAP!

Follow-up question for you. It appears that, by default, MT32-pi has users relying on the (poor-quality) PWM 1/8" jack built into the Pi for output (aliasing/distortion at low volumes, etc.). The MT32-pi does have optional support for I2S DACs with much improved output quality. Will your MT32-pi modules come with improved output built in, or perhaps allow for an alternative method for users to add an I2S DAC w/out too much hassle?

Edit: I answered my own question about hifi output by digging further into the MT32-Pi github. MT32-Pi pipes I2S data through the cable connected to the MiSTer IO port, mixing the audio with MiSTers internal audio output. Genius! That means my all-digital toslink DAC/AMP set is all ready to go with MT32-pi. Furthermore, the MiSTer can power the MT32-Pi over this same cable, meaning I can remove another power brick from my setup. This is so exciting!

Cheers!
MISTerMark

Unread post by MISTerMark »

Another happy customer here, I ordered a few items in the past from nat and they all worked great, were well packaged and arrived promptly.

Many thanks.
b0bje

Unread post by b0bje »

Very happy customer of Nat's !
Already using this IO board, USB hub, copper cooler with noctua fan & 128Mb ram.

Currently awaiting mt32-pi pcb, rtc module, power cable with switch and tape interface + grey plexi enclosure.
A bit unfortunate the brexit will make this order 50% more expensive due to import costs & VAT.
ah well... such is life.
JonnyTenebrous

Unread post by JonnyTenebrous »

Hi @Nat,

Any rough ETA on ready-to-go MT-32Pi hats/cables for purchase? A month isn't too soon to ask since the question was last raised, I hope :).
Nat

Unread post by Nat »

JonnyTenebrous wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:43 am Any rough ETA on ready-to-go MT-32Pi hats/cables for purchase? A month isn't too soon to ask since the question was last raised, I hope :).
Happy to provide an update, basically my shipment of male to male USB 3.0 cables are inside a shipping container slowly travelling via sea to me in the UK. As I wanted to keep shipping costs low and being a large order. Based upon the information I have on hand expected ETA for the cables is within the next 7 to 10 days.

The good news is the actual mt-32pi hats are finished, ready for sale and in hand :D

In the meantime, I will add the built mt-32pi hat to my store, so those who already have a suitable USB cable or are happy to source one themselves can purchase just the hat, I will get this live and added to the website by the end of tomorrow (22/02/21).