PC98 Core

Cohge

Re: PC98 Core

Unread post by Cohge »

pgimeno wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:04 pm
Cohge wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:28 pm Would be possible to use something similar to converter the .fdd from TOSEC sets "NEC_PC_9801_TOSEC_2012_04_23" ?
I haven't found any info on the .FDD layout, but since I have that TOSEC collection, I may try to reverse engineer the file format. Meanwhile, you can use the Mame 0.208 set, which is in .FDI format.
Thanks for the info, didnt know they were in this mame set :)
Alkadian

Unread post by Alkadian »

pgimeno wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:04 pm I haven't found any info on the .FDD layout, but since I have that TOSEC collection, I may try to reverse engineer the file format.
@pgimeno,
That would be awesome. All your previous tools/scripts always worked like a charm. Many thanks!
pgimeno

Unread post by pgimeno »

Cohge wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:50 pm Thanks for the info, didnt know they were in this mame set :)
After looking more carefully, it turns out they are in several different formats, including d88 itself.

Nevertheless, here's an FDD to D88 converter:

http://www.formauri.es/personal/pgimeno ... fdd2d88.py

Usage: python fdd2d88.py <input file> <output file>

Notes: Don't disable assertions (don't use -O to run). Should run with Python 2 and 3. It's not very flexible with the accepted format, but it should be OK with most files. It's not very thoroughly tested. If there is a problem, please report it to me.
Convert .dim .fdi .fdd images to d88 format using Python: dim2d88 fdi2d88 fdd2d88
Alkadian

Unread post by Alkadian »

pgimeno wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:58 pm
Cohge wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:50 pm Thanks for the info, didnt know they were in this mame set :)
After looking more carefully, it turns out they are in several different formats, including d88 itself.

Nevertheless, here's an FDD to D88 converter:

http://www.formauri.es/personal/pgimeno ... fdd2d88.py

Usage: python fdd2d88.py <input file> <output file>

Notes: Don't disable assertions (don't use -O to run). Should run with Python 2 and 3. It's not very flexible with the accepted format, but it should be OK with most files. It's not very thoroughly tested. If there is a problem, please report it to me.
Great, thanks a lot for sharing. I will definitely give it a go!
fraggore@sky.com

Unread post by fraggore@sky.com »

hello has anyone got a link to a bios boot.rom that works, i have tried creating one with the script but what ever bios files i use the boot.rom wont boot the core, i have created a bootrom folder in the root of the sd card but still wont boot all i get is a blank sceen and help would be appreciated.