X68000 beta - Updates and releases

Chris23235

Re: X68000 beta - Updates and releases

Unread post by Chris23235 »

You can use the Virtual Floppy kmagr converter

https://www.vector.co.jp/soft/win95/util/se151106.html

Or this converter:

http://www.formauri.es/personal/pgimeno ... erters.php

In general disk images take ages to load in this core for a quick look at the core search for a HDF collection.
clarkkent

Unread post by clarkkent »

Converting a collection is not very appealing. I found this for the time being:
https://archive.org/details/mister_x68k

Hope this will be extended!
Milspex

Unread post by Milspex »

yes theres a part two to this pack coming I hear
clarkkent

Great! :)

Would it be possible to additionally support the .dim format?
I noticed that other core also support a variaty of formats, this would simplify things.
Chris23235

Unread post by Chris23235 »

clarkkent wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:57 am Great! :)

Would it be possible to additionally support the .dim format?
I noticed that other core also support a variaty of formats, this would simplify things.
Converting dim to d88 can be done by simply dragging all your images at once into the virtual floppy image converter, the images are converted within seconds. It is no big deal, give it a try.

This is what the interface looks like:

V9p1JC0.jpeg
V9p1JC0.jpeg (34.59 KiB) Viewed 764 times
moonscience

Unread post by moonscience »

Finally sucked it up and spent a while trying to get the X68000 core running. Managed to get Cho Ren Sha up and just wanted to report that I got a popping sound in the audio sporadically. This is the first time even messing around with this core and I KNOW I'm supposed to be patient and wait for it to be ready, but wanted to report this since clearly the game was up and running fine, it was just a weird audio glitch.
clarkkent

Is it because of the beta stage that Nemesis 2 1994 does not show any sprites?
areeve

Unread post by areeve »

I'm trying to document the X68000 for the MiSTer Manual (https://github.com/adreeve/MiSTerManual ... Manual.pdf) and see minor screen distortion on this core as in the attached image. I presume this isn't what a X68000 would do. Is this just how things are at present as work progresses on this core? (I think I saw somewhere about setting force scandoubler to 0 in the mister.ini which I did and seemed to improve, but not perfect things).

Also, does anyone know what the shortcuts at the bottom of the screen do? From experimentation it seems F1 (C1) repeats the last command a character at a time and F3 (CA) repeats the entire last command.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Attachments
x68000_core_screen_distortion.png
x68000_core_screen_distortion.png (1.56 MiB) Viewed 1194 times
softtest9

Unread post by softtest9 »

areeve wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 6:09 pm minor screen distortion on this core as in the attached image. I presume this isn't what a X68000 would do. Is this just how things are at present as work progresses on this core?
Yeah this seems to be a core issue.
pgimeno

Unread post by pgimeno »

areeve wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 6:09 pm Also, does anyone know what the shortcuts at the bottom of the screen do? From experimentation it seems F1 (C1) repeats the last command a character at a time and F3 (CA) repeats the entire last command.
They are similar to their MS-DOS counterparts. There's an internal buffer used for editing. Every time you press Enter/Return, the typed command goes to the buffer.

F7 copies the line to the buffer for editing, similar to Enter, but without actually executing it. (*)
F1 enters the next letter from the buffer.
F2 followed by a letter, enters the text up to that letter, not included. For example, if the buffer contains "microprocessor", pressing F2, "p" displays "micro" and lets you keep editing (e.g. pressing F1 at that point would display "microp").
F3 enters the rest of the buffer.
F4 deletes the next character from the buffer.
F5 followed by a letter, deletes text from the buffer starting at the current position, up to that letter, not included. For example, if the buffer contains "microprocessor" and you press F5, "p", F3, you get "processor".
F6 erases the whole typed text (but keeps the buffer).
F8 enters insert mode; all you type is prepended to the rest of the buffer. For example, typing "through" F7 F1 F1 F8 "o" F3 enters "thorough".
F9 followed by a letter, erases from the visible part of the text up to the first appearance of the letter from the left. For example, typing "dispenser" F9 "e" leaves "disp".
F10 is the same as Ctrl+Z.

Furthermore, if the history driver isn't loaded:
- Left arrow is the same as Backspace.
- Right arrow is the same as F1.
- Up arrow is the same as F7.
- Ins is the same as F8.
- Del is the same as F4.

There may be other keys, I don't know.

(*) If you end up pressing Enter with an empty command, whatever you entered with F7 is lost, and the last command executed with Enter is what goes to the buffer. For example, this sequence: "cls" Enter "dur" F7 Enter F3 shows "cls".
puu

Unread post by puu »

MadDog wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:24 pm Does anyone know what the 登録 key is mapped to?

The 登録 key on the X68000 keyboard is often used to toggle on MIDI mode in games (hold the button while the game is booting). It's right next to the 'HELP' button the X68000 keyboard.
IMG_9339.jpg

Thanks!! :D
As others have said, some special keys are not supported.
This is because the number of keys on a typical PC keyboard is insufficient.
If you can use the software key in the BIOS, use it. It is displayed with the second button of the mouse.