Chris23235
Top Contributor

Re: X68000 Beta - Updates and Releases

Unread post by Chris23235 »

You can use the Virtual Floppy kmagr converter

https://www.vector.co.jp/soft/win95/util/se151106.html

Or this converter:

http://www.formauri.es/personal/pgimeno ... erters.php

In general disk images take ages to load in this core for a quick look at the core search for a HDF collection.
clarkkent

Unread post by clarkkent »

Converting a collection is not very appealing. I found this for the time being:
https://archive.org/details/mister_x68k

Hope this will be extended!
Milspex

Unread post by Milspex »

yes theres a part two to this pack coming I hear
clarkkent

Great! :)

Would it be possible to additionally support the .dim format?
I noticed that other core also support a variaty of formats, this would simplify things.
Chris23235
Top Contributor

clarkkent wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:57 am Great! :)

Would it be possible to additionally support the .dim format?
I noticed that other core also support a variaty of formats, this would simplify things.
Converting dim to d88 can be done by simply dragging all your images at once into the virtual floppy image converter, the images are converted within seconds. It is no big deal, give it a try.

This is what the interface looks like:

V9p1JC0.jpeg
V9p1JC0.jpeg (34.59 KiB) Viewed 21086 times
moonscience

Unread post by moonscience »

Finally sucked it up and spent a while trying to get the X68000 core running. Managed to get Cho Ren Sha up and just wanted to report that I got a popping sound in the audio sporadically. This is the first time even messing around with this core and I KNOW I'm supposed to be patient and wait for it to be ready, but wanted to report this since clearly the game was up and running fine, it was just a weird audio glitch.
clarkkent

Is it because of the beta stage that Nemesis 2 1994 does not show any sprites?
areeve

Unread post by areeve »

I'm trying to document the X68000 for the MiSTer Manual (https://github.com/adreeve/MiSTerManual ... Manual.pdf) and see minor screen distortion on this core as in the attached image. I presume this isn't what a X68000 would do. Is this just how things are at present as work progresses on this core? (I think I saw somewhere about setting force scandoubler to 0 in the mister.ini which I did and seemed to improve, but not perfect things).

Also, does anyone know what the shortcuts at the bottom of the screen do? From experimentation it seems F1 (C1) repeats the last command a character at a time and F3 (CA) repeats the entire last command.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Attachments
x68000_core_screen_distortion.png
x68000_core_screen_distortion.png (1.56 MiB) Viewed 21862 times
softtest9

Unread post by softtest9 »

areeve wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 6:09 pm minor screen distortion on this core as in the attached image. I presume this isn't what a X68000 would do. Is this just how things are at present as work progresses on this core?
Yeah this seems to be a core issue.
pgimeno
Top Contributor

Unread post by pgimeno »

areeve wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 6:09 pm Also, does anyone know what the shortcuts at the bottom of the screen do? From experimentation it seems F1 (C1) repeats the last command a character at a time and F3 (CA) repeats the entire last command.
They are similar to their MS-DOS counterparts. There's an internal buffer used for editing. Every time you press Enter/Return, the typed command goes to the buffer.

F7 copies the line to the buffer for editing, similar to Enter, but without actually executing it. (*)
F1 enters the next letter from the buffer.
F2 followed by a letter, enters the text up to that letter, not included. For example, if the buffer contains "microprocessor", pressing F2, "p" displays "micro" and lets you keep editing (e.g. pressing F1 at that point would display "microp").
F3 enters the rest of the buffer.
F4 deletes the next character from the buffer.
F5 followed by a letter, deletes text from the buffer starting at the current position, up to that letter, not included. For example, if the buffer contains "microprocessor" and you press F5, "p", F3, you get "processor".
F6 erases the whole typed text (but keeps the buffer).
F8 enters insert mode; all you type is prepended to the rest of the buffer. For example, typing "through" F7 F1 F1 F8 "o" F3 enters "thorough".
F9 followed by a letter, erases from the visible part of the text up to the first appearance of the letter from the left. For example, typing "dispenser" F9 "e" leaves "disp".
F10 is the same as Ctrl+Z.

Furthermore, if the history driver isn't loaded:
- Left arrow is the same as Backspace.
- Right arrow is the same as F1.
- Up arrow is the same as F7.
- Ins is the same as F8.
- Del is the same as F4.

There may be other keys, I don't know.

(*) If you end up pressing Enter with an empty command, whatever you entered with F7 is lost, and the last command executed with Enter is what goes to the buffer. For example, this sequence: "cls" Enter "dur" F7 Enter F3 shows "cls".
puu
Core Developer

Unread post by puu »

MadDog wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:24 pm Does anyone know what the 登録 key is mapped to?

The 登録 key on the X68000 keyboard is often used to toggle on MIDI mode in games (hold the button while the game is booting). It's right next to the 'HELP' button the X68000 keyboard.
IMG_9339.jpg

Thanks!! :D
As others have said, some special keys are not supported.
This is because the number of keys on a typical PC keyboard is insufficient.
If you can use the software key in the BIOS, use it. It is displayed with the second button of the mouse.
zetastrike

Unread post by zetastrike »

I encountered weird behavior in the latest X68000 build today after setting it up. I'm only using the internal audio and while all games have percussion samples at first, they stop seconds into gameplay and never come back. For example in Nemesis 90, the music at the start of the game has the drums playing at the very start, but seconds into gameplay they cut out and never come back. The FM voices continue like normal. Same thing happens in Street Fighter II and Gradius II. Those were the only games I was able to get to boot tonight, but they all had the same behavior.
akira9000

Unread post by akira9000 »

clarkkent wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:59 pm Converting a collection is not very appealing. I found this for the time being:
https://archive.org/details/mister_x68k

Hope this will be extended!
Gone for this also. Can't find the Tonton pack anywhere.
jca
Top Contributor

Unread post by jca »

akira9000 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:38 pm ...
Can't find the Tonton pack anywhere.
Try that https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZP0IawW4wU
akira9000

Unread post by akira9000 »

Cheers jca
Hiding in plain sight lol. I've watched that video 3 times and only just noticed the links.

Thank you.
gccw

Unread post by gccw »

Thanks Puu!
登録 key
登録 key
bc25cceb-5ab0-43e3-aa4d-a5b6d12be463.jpg (208.09 KiB) Viewed 20031 times
puu wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:14 am
MadDog wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:24 pm Does anyone know what the 登録 key is mapped to?

The 登録 key on the X68000 keyboard is often used to toggle on MIDI mode in games (hold the button while the game is booting). It's right next to the 'HELP' button the X68000 keyboard.
IMG_9339.jpg

If you can use the software key in the BIOS, use it. It is displayed with the second button of the mouse.
SpoonyUK

Unread post by SpoonyUK »

Hi all, Loving the x8600 core and other the other cores for that matter. strange one though i remember earlier versions that i managed to get working we sharp image ect. however this new version seems to have shadowmap's as the image looks like its divided into tiny squares..does anyone have any idea how a revert it to a clean image as there's not many options in the visual sections.
akeley
Top Contributor

Unread post by akeley »

Apropos nothing in particular...an old bookmark I forgot all about:
Akumajou Dracula x68000 – 1993 Developer Interview

Originally featured in the December 1993 edition of Oh!X, a Japanese magazine that focused on Japanese home computers, this interview offers an interesting look at the development as well as some insight into the x68k computer, which is still mostly unknown to the west.
https://shmuplations.com/akumajoux68000/
Chris23235
Top Contributor

SpoonyUK wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:57 pm Hi all, Loving the x8600 core and other the other cores for that matter. strange one though i remember earlier versions that i managed to get working we sharp image ect. however this new version seems to have shadowmap's as the image looks like its divided into tiny squares..does anyone have any idea how a revert it to a clean image as there's not many options in the visual sections.
No shadow map by default when I launch the core. The shadow map options (and all other filters) can be found under "video processing" on the second page of the core options
SpoonyUK

Unread post by SpoonyUK »

Chris23235 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:13 pm
SpoonyUK wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:57 pm Hi all, Loving the x8600 core and other the other cores for that matter. strange one though i remember earlier versions that i managed to get working we sharp image ect. however this new version seems to have shadowmap's as the image looks like its divided into tiny squares..does anyone have any idea how a revert it to a clean image as there's not many options in the visual sections.
No shawdow map by default when I launch the core. The shadow map options (and all other filters) can be found under "video processing" on the second page of the core options
Thanks Chris, back to the core i go.
UScr00ge

Unread post by UScr00ge »

gtv3000 wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:50 am
Thedad wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:37 pm I'm sure others have commented here - but I've just got the latest core for this and all I get is a garbled type screen.

I can use an early 2021 version of the core and it's fine, but anything after about August and it's scrambled 'junk'. I can see the flashing cursor as scrambled output, so it's booting ok.

Any knowledge on why this would be?

X68000.jpg
yesterday I tried the core with the same problem in HDMI, I solved it by disabling in the mister.ini: forced_scandoubler = 0 ;)
God bless you and the others who have replied ... disabling forced scan doubler in the [x68000] section of my ini file fixed my VGA CRT computer garbled screen issues!
GhostofSparta

Unread post by GhostofSparta »

Hello everybody,

Maybe someone could help me out. I've got some trouble with the running of the X68000 Core.

MiSTer is connected via HDMI-VGA-Adapter and VGA-Cable to my Hitachi 4:3 Plasma CMP307XU (Specs see here: https://www.theblock.art/equipment/hita ... screen-37/). I installed the latest rbf-file, as well as the boot.rom and boot3.vhd. My Roms are on a separate hard disk drive connected to usb0.

Booting of the core works fine, I get a correct picture. I also can load Roms by putting Disk 1 of the game to FDD0 and Disk 2 of the game to FDD1.
But a few seconds after the game starts the picture of my TV is getting either black (e.g. after choosing the sound options at Akumajou Dracula) or the Developer logo appears and won't disappear (e.g. EA Logo at Cotton). It seems that the games stop loading or something like this.

I tried some changes at the MiSTer.ini file, but without any success. I also tried an older rbf-file, but with the same results.
At first I had the boot.rom-files in both games-folder on hard disk and media/fat/games/X68000 folder. Deleting them in either the one or the other folder was also not successful.

Maybe someone here has a hint for me what I am doing wrong or what I am missing here? I would highly appreciate any help!

Thanks a lot in advance!
ConkerKing

Unread post by ConkerKing »

Good Morning all,

just a some short questions about the X68000 newest Core:

Why do the Shadow Masks won´t show no effect when i choose one - is it not correct implemented yet?

And when i want to use video filter´s now then the screen goes black - strange behavior?

What´s wrong or what i´m missing?

- On my other SD Card with the concole & Acrade Core´s - all working fine with all filters!

Also another problem with the X68000 core now is that i can´t run some games direct from the big image File, only disc 1 & 2 style working, with the prior version of the core did the image files run just fine.

Thank´s in advance

greetings.
softtest9

Unread post by softtest9 »

It could be that it's not implemented yet. The core has not been updated in quite a while.
ConkerKing

Unread post by ConkerKing »

Ok thx for the reply, but i thouht it is now implemented with the latest updates and the option is there?! Strange

Maybe with the next update.

Greetings
GhostofSparta

Hi,

I recently solved my problem with the Core, Games are running now, I just didn't wait long enough after booting the game. :lol:
As far as I am using d88-Files, loading times are very long. I would like to use hdf-Files instead, but I don't know how to change the d88-Files to hdf-Files or where to get hdf-Files.
Maybe anyone here could help me out?

Thanks a lot in advance! :)
jca
Top Contributor

Unread post by jca »

_javi_

Unread post by _javi_ »

GhostofSparta wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:53 pm Hi,

I recently solved my problem with the Core, Games are running now, I just didn't wait long enough after booting the game. :lol:
As far as I am using d88-Files, loading times are very long. I would like to use hdf-Files instead, but I don't know how to change the d88-Files to hdf-Files or where to get hdf-Files.
Maybe anyone here could help me out?

Thanks a lot in advance! :)
Its clearly stated in this page, just some post above yours... :lol: :lol:
viewtopic.php?p=39817#p39817
GhostofSparta

Thanks a lot! :)
_javi_

Unread post by _javi_ »

puu wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:14 am

IMG_9339.jpg

Is there a table for the already mapped keys for a PC keyboard?