Why Do My Posts Need To Be Approved? Why Can I Not Send Private Messages?

Discussion about the MiSTer forum, suggestions and queries related to the forum.
Xbytez
Site Admin

Why Do My Posts Need To Be Approved? Why Can I Not Send Private Messages?

Unread post by Xbytez »

If you are a newly registered user on the MiSTer FPGA forum, your first post will require review and approval before being published.

Until you reach this qualifying number of posts you are unable to post freely or use the private messaging system.

This new user post approval system is in place to reduce spam on the forum, and private message system abuse.
buttersoft

Re: Why Do My Posts Need To Be Approved? Why Can I Not Send Private Messages?

Unread post by buttersoft »

Rgr, thx, and sorry to be a pain!
Chopin

Unread post by Chopin »

Xbytez wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:36 pm If you are a newly registered user on the MiSTer FPGA forum, your first 2 posts will require review and approval before being published.

Until you reach this qualifying number of posts you are unable to post freely or use the private messaging system.

This new user post approval system is in place to reduce spam on the forum, and private message system abuse.
I've actually made four or five comments now, and post approval is still turned on for me. Did the minimum number change?
Xbytez
Site Admin

Unread post by Xbytez »

No, it is still two.

However the forum software does not synchronize new user total post counts in real time, so it can take a up to an hour or so before your true post count is shown.