X button not always registering, controller button always works with other cores

GamerTortoise42

X button not always registering, controller button always works with other cores

Unread post by GamerTortoise42 »

I'm having a strange issue that happens frequently with FFIX disc 1 and infrequently with Crash Bandicoot 1.

My X button does not always register. I press it and nothing happens when there is some sort of response to the button press expected in the game itself, as if I hadn't pressed anything at all.

I'm using a wired USB Xbox 360 controller and have the X button bound to the bottom button (green), mirroring the PSX controller button configuration. The other buttons always register. The controller is plugged into the custom separate USB board that comes with many MiSTer cases which attaches to the DE10-Nano board using a micro USB jumper.

Notably, I'm using analog mode for FFIX and digital mode for Crash. I'm using NTSC for FFIX and PAL for Crash. Both games are using the ISO images. Fast boot is turned off. I'm using analog VGA output with single DRAM slot on build PlayStation_unstable_20211212_1f63.rbf
softtest9

Re: X button not always registering, controller button always works with other cores

Unread post by softtest9 »

From the readme at https://github.com/RobertPeip/PlayStation_MiSTer

"Work in progress, don't report any bugs!"
FPGAzumSpass
Core Developer

Re: X button not always registering, controller button always works with other cores

Unread post by FPGAzumSpass »

I'm not aware of that.

If you ever find a good reproducible case, let me know.
GamerTortoise42

Unread post by GamerTortoise42 »

I will try with another controller this weekend, and if it still repros, I put together a save state and send you the MD5 sum of my NTSC FFIX Disc 1 ISO, if that helps, as a repro. As expected, nothing strikes me as odd in joypad.vhd