I can't make the memory cards to work in the PS1 core.

Waifu4Life

I can't make the memory cards to work in the PS1 core.

Unread post by Waifu4Life »

I get the latest PS1 and MiSTer unstable builds, downloaded the dummy memory card and set them in the core menu, but it doesn't work. What am I doing wrong?
Caldor
Top Contributor

Re: I can't make the memory cards to work in the PS1 core.

Unread post by Caldor »

What is it that does not work? There might be a few games that still do not work with memory cards for this core. Does it just not work overall? The core got renamed to PSX, which means if you are using a Playstation folder for games and the boot.rom the folder needs to be renamed to PSX instead.
Eros

Unread post by Eros »

sorry edited as i'm an idiot and replied to the wrong thread
Waifu4Life

Caldor wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 1:48 pm What is it that does not work? There might be a few games that still do not work with memory cards for this core. Does it just not work overall? The core got renamed to PSX, which means if you are using a Playstation folder for games and the boot.rom the folder needs to be renamed to PSX instead.
Not sure where your getting your PS1 core updates, but I get mine from here and the folder must be called Playstation, not PSX: https://github.com/MiSTer-unstable-nigh ... /releases/
Flandango
Core Developer

Unread post by Flandango »

the_importer wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:05 pm
Caldor wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 1:48 pm What is it that does not work? There might be a few games that still do not work with memory cards for this core. Does it just not work overall? The core got renamed to PSX, which means if you are using a Playstation folder for games and the boot.rom the folder needs to be renamed to PSX instead.
Not sure where your getting your PS1 core updates, but I get mine from here and the folder must be called Playstation, not PSX: https://github.com/MiSTer-unstable-nigh ... /releases/
That has been deprecated and now nightly builds are posted here: (which require the use of the PSX folder name)
https://github.com/MiSTer-unstable-nigh ... r/releases
Waifu4Life

Flandango wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:40 pm
the_importer wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:05 pm
That has been deprecated and now nightly builds are posted here: (which require the use of the PSX folder name)
https://github.com/MiSTer-unstable-nigh ... r/releases
OK, but I don't see a release directory in there or any RBF file. You sure this is the right link?
Flandango
Core Developer

Should be Assets drop down with a list of RBF files and source code...grab the latest RBF file from there.
Waifu4Life

Flandango wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:16 pm Should be Assets drop down with a list of RBF files and source code...grab the latest RBF file from there.
Great, now nothing is loading, stuck in the BIOS. Anything major changed that I should be aware of (besides the fact that it allows me to load CUE files now)?
Flandango
Core Developer

Just make sure your folder names now say PSX instead of PlayStation and make sure you are using the latest unstable/nightly build of Main.
This thread has some good info and links.
Waifu4Life

Flandango wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:16 pm Just make sure your folder names now say PSX instead of PlayStation and make sure you are using the latest unstable/nightly build of Main.
This thread has some good info and links.
Ah, OK, found out the problem to everything, I was 1 MiSTer unstable core behind.

Cheers
Flandango
Core Developer

Glad you got it working!