First 2022 PSX Development Update

Xbytez
Site Admin

First 2022 PSX Development Update

Unread post by Xbytez »

Robert (@AzumFpg) posted an update on his Twitter, he now has 24 channel PSX SPU audio working in his emulator.

If you are in a position financially to be able to support Robert's work please consider joining his Patreon:

https://www.patreon.com/FPGAzumSpass/

thorr
Top Contributor

Re: First 2022 PSX Development Update

Unread post by thorr »

That's awesome! I have been holding off on trying this until audio was available, and it looks to be getting closer by the day. Does this work natively on a CRT yet? That is my other prerequisite. I am using the HDMI output with an external component converter, not the analog IO board. The native video timings just need to be supported, not the analog IO board. Thanks!
LamerDeluxe
Top Contributor

Unread post by LamerDeluxe »

15Khz video output is still shifted to the right at the moment, so the video timing is not quite correct yet.
softtest9

Unread post by softtest9 »

I can't wait, I love the SPU. Hopefully we'll get .psf playback at some point.
pgimeno
Top Contributor

Unread post by pgimeno »

I wonder if it would be possible to accept a mouse click for toggling analog mode. This would allow using the PS4 controller's touchpad click as analog on/off, because the touchpad is detected as a mouse.

I guess that without the ability to distinguish what controller sent it, it would be incomplete. But my understanding is that currently, the core only supports one analog mode for all joysticks.

Maybe it's about time that Main is able to send different IDs for different mice, rather than sending them as a single mouse. That would also help the Minimig core.