PSX Core SPU is Now Feature Complete

Xbytez
Site Admin

PSX Core SPU is Now Feature Complete

Unread post by Xbytez »

Robert's (@AzumFpg) SPU for the PlayStation core is now feature complete, at present you still require a dual SDRAM setup if you wish to do some testing with the PSX core.

If you are in a position where you can, think about supporting this excellent work by joining Roberts patreon here:

https://www.patreon.com/FPGAzumSpass/posts

Hyper Space Squid

Re: PSX Core SPU is Now Feature Complete

Unread post by Hyper Space Squid »

Wonderful news! Can't wait for the single SDRAM version! :lol:
kalach.x

Unread post by kalach.x »

I cannot believe we have 100% SPU when week ago I could not believe we have any sound at all :shock:
With this pace and bigger FPGA like Stratix X we would have PS2 core up and running in just few months tops :lol: :roll:

Truly amazing work.
And now on to "testing" :mrgreen:
allegrosurf

Unread post by allegrosurf »

Single ram test version released on discord
Neocaron

Unread post by Neocaron »

allegrosurf wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:16 pm Single ram test version released on discord
:shock: No way
sardine

Unread post by sardine »

this is incredible...

wow.. CDDA next then done ?? wow.
AntialiasedPixel

Unread post by AntialiasedPixel »

Has anyone had luck with the new single sdram build? I have downloaded it (PSX20220122.rbf), and single 32 meg module installed. Confirmed other cores have sound to rule out cable/speakers turned on, etc. Menu options seem to indicate sound is enabled, ram type for sound greyed out and shows DDR3 which makes sense with the 1 module. Am currently using the optical digital out on the analog board, maybe the sound is only routed out via the main board hdmi right now?

If I need to wait for a few more test builds, that's fine, just super excited about the progress!
AntialiasedPixel

Unread post by AntialiasedPixel »

Figured it out. I had downloaded from #test-builds on the discord, that version didn't have analog out, the version from unstable-nightlies worked. Hearing that PSX bootup sound the first time on the Mister was awesome!
held

Unread post by held »

lightspeed.jpeg
lightspeed.jpeg (38.87 KiB) Viewed 4556 times
LamerDeluxe
Top Contributor

Unread post by LamerDeluxe »

AntialiasedPixel wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:11 pm Has anyone had luck with the new single sdram build? I have downloaded it (PSX20220122.rbf), and single 32 meg module installed. Confirmed other cores have sound to rule out cable/speakers turned on, etc. Menu options seem to indicate sound is enabled, ram type for sound greyed out and shows DDR3 which makes sense with the 1 module. Am currently using the optical digital out on the analog board, maybe the sound is only routed out via the main board hdmi right now?

If I need to wait for a few more test builds, that's fine, just super excited about the progress!
The test builds don't have the Analog IO board enabled (all the LEDs, including the S/PDIF one are off). Install the unstable nightly instead: https://github.com/MiSTer-unstable-nigh ... 2_8f69.rbf
EDIT: I see you figured it out already