Minimig Save Issue?

Lezzer

Minimig Save Issue?

Unread post by Lezzer »

Hello all.

I’ve had my MiSTer for a week now and have had a great time playing with it. And I’ve finally got round to playing some games seriously.

I’ve been playing Bloodwych in the Amiga core using the MegaAGS front end and it’s all working great.
I had the MegaAGS.hdf set to the primary master drive, and on boot up it recommended setting MegaAGS-saves.hdf to the primary slave drive to keep game saves intact after an upgrade.

Now the problem I have is this: On Bloodwych when you save your game you choose one of 10 different save slots (0-9), but once you have chosen one it is permanent, meaning there is no way to overwrite any of the 10 different save slots one you have used them.

This doesn’t happen if I disable the MegaAGS-saves.hdf as the slave drive, all 10 save slots work fine. But if I do this then I don’t have access to my existing saves. Is I’m around 10 hours into the game I’m a little reluctant to just disable the slave drive and just start again. Especially as an update to the MegaAGS front end would likely delete my save files anyway.

I’m hoping somebody here could help me figure out where I’m going wrong.

Many thanks.
Aspie

Re: Minimig Save Issue?

Unread post by Aspie »

Can you not load a blank floppy into one of the drives and use it as a save disk?

I am currently playing Frontier Elite II. I am using the floppy version though and not the one on the hard drive. I put the game disk if df0 and put a blank floppy in df1 and put all my saves on that.
Lezzer

Re: Minimig Save Issue?

Unread post by Lezzer »

That is actually a simple, yet very good idea. I’ll try it out and let you know how it goes.

Thanks for the advice.