MiSTress - Conversion Kit for Amiga cases

akeley

MiSTress - Conversion Kit for Amiga cases

Unread post by akeley »

Got this email today from 8bits4ever
MiSTress for the MiSTer

Hello all!

We couldn't ignore anymore the popularity and success the MiSTer FPGA project is having and the high quality of its cores. We decided to jump on the wagon with something we think is cool, specially for Amiga lovers.

The MiSTress is a complete conversion kit to fit your MiSTer inside an Amiga 500 case. Off course, it uses the Amiga keyboard as a regular input device and it integrates a USB hub for connecting all the usual USB mouse, gamepads, etc.

The MiSTress board features all the same connections as the official MiSTer IO 6.1 board plus includes a low latency DB9 joystick port (Amiga/CD32/Atari compatible) and a selectable i2s audio DAC. The kit comes with all the screws and 3D printed parts needed for installation, a 40 mm. cooling fan and also extensions for HDMI and ethernet ports.

For complete specs and details please visit the product page linked below and don't hesitate to contact us with any inquiries about.

Cheers!
The 8bits4ever Team
https://www.8bits4ever.net/product-page ... 2dcf826669
MikkyTee

Re: MiSTress - conversion kit for Amiga cases

Unread post by MikkyTee »

Looks promising, ideally i would rather have an a600 option, as the a500 is a huge lump of a case to be sitting on a desk. The a600 is such a nice size for a mister unit, but nevertheless it looks a nice design :)
bazza_12

Re: MiSTress - Conversion Kit for Amiga cases

Unread post by bazza_12 »

I'd love a1200 version of this..
The music is reversible but time is not. Turn back. Turn back
ByteMavericks

Unread post by ByteMavericks »

That’s really neat, and a much tidier solution than mine, which is a few wedges and an Arduino handling the keyboard, plus a couple of transistors to drive the LEDs
zorrobandito

Unread post by zorrobandito »

The portability of an A600 is part of the appeal. The A500 is a bulky machine - I have two - it's not exactly backpack-friendly.

Still, love what they're doing and I have to say that Minimig captures the feel of an Amiga perfectly, so replacing ailing Amigas with insta-load, super-reliable MISTers seems like a great idea.
Caldor

Unread post by Caldor »

zorrobandito wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:12 pm The portability of an A600 is part of the appeal. The A500 is a bulky machine - I have two - it's not exactly backpack-friendly.

Still, love what they're doing and I have to say that Minimig captures the feel of an Amiga perfectly, so replacing ailing Amigas with insta-load, super-reliable MISTers seems like a great idea.
Yeah, this is also the reason why I am avoiding the A500. Its about as big as the C128. They are just too big.
arglmauf

Unread post by arglmauf »

Question: Does the board block the space for a floppy drive? Because I want to keep the option for a proper drive if that option ever becomes a reality
akeley

Unread post by akeley »

Judging just from the photo, the board seems to go up to the end of Help key, and the floppy goes to the beginning of Del, so it'd have to go over the board and there are some cables and elevated MiSTer already...rather doubtful it'd fit. You can always email and ask them though (or use external drive, if the ability of connecting them ever materializes).
arglmauf

Unread post by arglmauf »

Well, right now I already got my own setup of a MiSTer A500 skinwalker which already has space for the floppy drive alotted. So I would only be interested as support of the project itself. I'll try to contact them and ask about the space for the physical disk drive.