adf for RTG

bertnorg

adf for RTG

Unread post by bertnorg »

when it comes to amiga i'm a total noob :oops: :oops: :oops:
could someone make adf for RTG setup, If that's even possible.
maybe leave out the unnecessary steps.. qwik install ???
Higgy

Re: adf for RTG

Unread post by Higgy »

Hi.

I have not tried MiSTer RTG yet, but I have for MiST. Here is the MiST RTG .adf it might help?
https://github.com/mist-devel/mist-bina ... inimig-aga

I was trying to find the MiST RTG instructions but had no luck, they could be on the .adf
allyourbasekris

Unread post by allyourbasekris »

I've made a very hacky adf installer disk for my own use using scripts. It's pretty terrible but might help out if you want to try it. Video here. Literally takes 3 minutes. Note it's got hardcoded paths so you need to put it into df0: and you need a working WB3.1 Installation on dh0: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXAu_8HQUSM
toastboy

Unread post by toastboy »

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1D9ROKg ... ol9cG/view

ADF of the Mister minimig drivers from github.
Includes both the RTG driver and mister shared filesystem driver.
The original LHA archives have been extracted into one folder each.
Also included is diskmaster2, and the picasso96.lha installer.

To install picasso96, run diskmaster2 from the ADF, select a destination folder to extract to on the righthand window (RAM: is a good choice, if you have it), then hightlight the df0:picasso96.lha archive in lefthand window.
Then select "Archive -> LHA X >DEST" from the menus to extract the LHA.

Run the picasso96 installer from workbench, answer "proceed" about 10000 times, and at the end select "uaegfx" as the monitor to install.
Reboot when install is complete.

Next install the mister RTG driver, use diskmaster2 again and :-
DF0:RTG/Devs ---> copy all contents to ----> sys:Devs
DF0:RTG/Libs ---> copy all contents to ----> sys:Libs
Then reboot and new screenmodes will be available in prefs.

To install mister shared filesystem.
Use a diskmaster2 again and :-
DF0:MisterShare/L ---> copy all contents to ----> sys:L
DF0:MisterShare/Devs ---> copy "dummy.device" to ----> sys:Devs
DF0:MisterShare/Devs/mountlist ----> contains a mountlist entry to be added to your sys:Devs/mountlist.
Use a text editor to cut and paste this mountlist entry into the file ---> sys:devs/mountlist

Code: Select all

SHARE:  FileSystem      = l:MiSTerFileSystem
        Device          = dummy.device
        Unit            = 0
        Surfaces        = 1
        BlocksPerTrack  = 10
        Reserved        = 2
        LowCyl          = 0
        HighCyl         = 100
        StackSize       = 1000
        Mount           = 1
        DosType         = 0x536F7267
#
Be sure to keep any existing entries in your sys:mountlist, or you may lose some devices, don't just copy the example mountlist file off DF0:Devs to sys:Devs.
Lastly, use a text editor to add this line to sys:s/startup-sequence, on a line before "endcli".

mount share:
Reboot. Now files on your SD card in the folder /media/fat/amiga/shared will be visible to the amiga on the drive SHARE: and you won't need ADFs for this sort of thing anymore :-)

The LHA-archived drivers were downloaded from here :-
https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Minimig ... STer/extra

Diskmaster2 came from here :-
http://kazong.privat.t-online.de/archive.html

Picasso96 came from here :-
http://aminet.net/package/driver/video/Picasso96
allyourbasekris

toastboy wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:37 pm https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-bmdT6 ... GlBTd/view

ADF of the Mister minimig drivers from github. Includes both the RTG driver and mister shared filesystem driver.
The original LHA archives have been extracted into one folder each.

To install RTG, use a filemanager (dopus, diskmaster, whatever) and :-
DF0:RTG/Devs ---> copy all contents to ----> Dh0:Devs
DF0:RTG/Libs ---> copy all contents to ----> Dh0:Libs
Then reboot and new screenmodes will be available.

To install mister shared filesystem :-
DF0:MisterShare/L ---> copy all contents to ----> Dh0:L
DF0:MisterShare/Devs ---> copy "dummy.device" to ----> Dh0:Devs
DF0:MisterShare/Devs/mountlist ----> contains a mountlist entry to be added to you DH0:mountlist.
Use a text editor to cut and paste this mountlist entry into the file ---> dh0:devs/mountlist

SHARE:  FileSystem      = l:MiSTerFileSystem
        Device          = dummy.device
        Unit            = 0
        Surfaces        = 1
        BlocksPerTrack  = 10
        Reserved        = 2
        LowCyl          = 0
        HighCyl         = 100
        StackSize       = 1000
        Mount           = 1
        DosType         = 0x536F7267
#
Be sure to keep any existing entries in your dh0:mountlist, or you may lose some devices, don't just copy the example mountlist file off DF0:Devs to DH0:Devs.
Lastly, use a text editor to add this line to dh0:s/startup-sequence, on a line before "endcli".

mount share:
Reboot. Now files on your SD card in the folder /media/fat/amiga/shared will be visible to the amiga on the drive SHARE: and you won't need ADFs for this sort of thing anymore :-)

The LHA-archived drivers were downloaded from here.
https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Minimig ... STer/extra
Great write up, I thought you'd need to install Picasso96 before copying across the RTG files or have I got this all wrong?
toastboy

Ooooh, you're quite right - I ran my tests on an HD image with P96 preinstalled.

Gimme a moment and I'll re-arrange the instructions so that bit makes sense - and thanks for spotting the error.

[EDIT] Original response edited with the extra steps for installing picasso96, and the ADF updated to include everything you'll need.
allyourbasekris

toastboy wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:44 am Ooooh, you're quite right - I ran my tests on an HD image with P96 preinstalled.

Gimme a moment and I'll re-arrange the instructions so that bit makes sense - and thanks for spotting the error.

[EDIT] Original response edited with the extra steps for installing picasso96, and the ADF updated to include everything you'll need.
No problem, Your instructions are really excellent.
bertnorg

Unread post by bertnorg »

I'd Like to Thank you all, i got RTG running :D :D
Darthcustom

Unread post by Darthcustom »

Thanks, installed RTG and works perfect!!!!! Now what is the best Icon set to use with so many colors? Any recommendations?

The picture from FB Amiga Computer group looks cool

The guy claims that all icons are from : http://www.os4depot.net/index.php?funct ... ics%2Ficon

But there are many LHA files there.....

Any suggestions?

thanks and regards

David
bbond007
Top Contributor

Unread post by bbond007 »

toastboy wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:37 pm Next install the mister RTG driver, use diskmaster2 again and :-
DF0:RTG/Devs ---> copy all contents to ----> Dh0:Devs
DF0:RTG/Libs ---> copy all contents to ----> Dh0:Libs
Then reboot and new screenmodes will be available in prefs.

To install mister shared filesystem.
Use a diskmaster2 again and :-
DF0:MisterShare/L ---> copy all contents to ----> Dh0:L
DF0:MisterShare/Devs ---> copy "dummy.device" to ----> Dh0:Devs
DF0:MisterShare/Devs/mountlist ----> contains a mountlist entry to be added to you DH0:mountlist.
Use a text editor to cut and paste this mountlist entry into the file ---> dh0:devs/mountlist
While "DH0:" commonly is the system drive, it is not guaranteed and could easily be something else depending on how partitions were configured...

I would suggest replacing "DH0:" with "SYS:" which will be more compatible...
toastboy

sys: it is then, post updated
NegSol

Unread post by NegSol »

Anybody got RTG working on a Hyperion 3.1.4 based install? I got it working on a normal 3.1 using the provided files and the nice tutorial but 3.1.4 only give me black or grey screens without picture. I was using a clean install. Maybe someone got some pointers? :?:

Edit: Solved - 3.1.4 works with RTG - no worries
toastboy

Yep - my 3.1.4 is working OK with the RTG driver.
Have a look in DEVS:monitors to see if there's anything other than PAL, NTSC and Mister in there.
Having a clearout of unwanted monitors might help.
NegSol

Unread post by NegSol »

toastboy wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:59 pm Have a look in DEVS:monitors to see if there's anything other than PAL, NTSC and Mister in there.
I will give it another shot - I only have PAL and MiSTer in there. But it should not make a difference, as I have other monitors in my 3.1 WB and it runs without a hitch. But it is good to know somebody got it running :-)
NegSol

Unread post by NegSol »

Ok - I got it running now :)
allyourbasekris

I'm going to resurrect this thread to plug my updated RTG install disk. It does the shared folder too now. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VPdMZO ... sp=sharing

Here's a video demoing it working.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hwq_AujOuY
kswarrick

Unread post by kswarrick »

Wow, thanks! That made installing RTG quite a bit easier.

It appears the shared folder does not work with Scalos. I am using a drive from ClassicWB which has Scalos installed and it mounts an icon named "SHARED:Sorg" that does not open. I changed the C:LoadWB back to the original and tested it and it works with the original workbench. The regular workbench looks awful with this setup though.

Any idea of why it does not work with Scalos?
allyourbasekris

kswarrick wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:48 am Wow, thanks! That made installing RTG quite a bit easier.

It appears the shared folder does not work with Scalos. I am using a drive from ClassicWB which has Scalos installed and it mounts an icon named "SHARED:Sorg" that does not open. I changed the C:LoadWB back to the original and tested it and it works with the original workbench. The regular workbench looks awful with this setup though.

Any idea of why it does not work with Scalos?
Nope, although it is a known issue apparently. You can access the drive through diropus and the shell apparently by going to the drive called Mister: although I've not tested it.
kolla

Unread post by kolla »

Having a volume with a colon (:) in its name is to ask for trouble, really.
kolla

Unread post by kolla »

The default for this drive btw, is device name SHARE: and volume name MiSTer, how you avcomplished SHARED:Sorg is a bit of a mystery for me - what does the mountlist entry look like?
kswarrick

Unread post by kswarrick »

kolla wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:39 am The default for this drive btw, is device name SHARE: and volume name MiSTer, how you avcomplished SHARED:Sorg is a bit of a mystery for me - what does the mountlist entry look like?
I added the following to the mountlist of the ClassicWB install:

SHARE: FileSystem = l:MiSTerFileSystem
Device = dummy.device
Unit = 0
Surfaces = 1
BlocksPerTrack = 10
Reserved = 2
LowCyl = 0
HighCyl = 100
StackSize = 1000
Mount = 1
DosType = 0x536F7267
#

This is as much a mystery to me. I quickly built a fresh HDF of ClassicWB with Scalos and the same problem. I built another fresh HDF with WB3.1 and it works fine. I disabled scalos in the fresh ClassicWB install and regular workbench works fine. I am almost certain it is an issue between Scalos and the device driver and the device drivers or file system.

Allyourbasekris is correct. It can access the drive through any other way by going to “share:”

This reminds me of the typical issues I used to have with my Amigas, particularly when I had my 4000/030 in 1993 with 40mb hard drive. There was always some back that didn’t work well with others and I would spend hours debugging just to fix something for the principal of the matter. I was in my first year at FSU back then and had more ego and more time to spend on these things.

I love this Mister though. And it brings all the Amiga bugs back perfectly. I also created an HDF for the RTG and installed it just to look at it. I don’t think I have any use for for it, but it is like anything else back in my old Amiga days... often I just did it because I liked the challenge and because I could... just to look at it.
NegentropicMan

Unread post by NegentropicMan »

Hi,
I am struggling with a rather strange problem here:
On a fresh installation of 3.1.4 (WB version 45.194, KS version 46.68), using the install disk from allyourbasekris (or manually installed drivers/picasso, doesn't matter), when trying to use/test a MiSTer resolution (1280x720), the screen shows just the upper left quarter of the picture.

When using coffin r57, everything works as expected, the values in Picasso96 are exactly the same.
Can anybody give me a hint here?

Regards, NM
NegentropicMan

Unread post by NegentropicMan »

So, I got it running, posting my solution here in case other people run into the same problem.

After trying for hours, the solution was simply... to set

vscale_mode = 0
in MiSTer.ini (I did this in an extra [minimig] section).

Normally I have set this to 1 for the sweet, sweet sharp gaming pixels and scanlines and I had never thought that it would make a difference, as my video_mode is 0 and therefore 1280x720, which is the same resolution I tried to use in Workbench 3.1.4.

I do not have the slightest idea why the resolution worked in Coffin?!