Help Need an 980MB Harddisk-HDF with two (!) Partitions

gume1970

Help Need an 980MB Harddisk-HDF with two (!) Partitions

Unread post by gume1970 »

Hello,

i need some Help please: for my own Game-Collection (only the best games, own Desktop, like the MEGAAgs, but much, much smaller) i need an .HDF Image with two Partitions.

Partition 1: 100 MB
Partition 2: 800 MB (maybe 860+, just sto stay unter 1 GB, for optical reasons). May own-Favorite-Game-Collection takes about 650MB.

So far i tried various Ways to generate such an HDF: creating them on my PC / WINUAE, transferring to MISTER, partition, copy Boot-Files... Tried this way a dozen of times, different ways: "Cannot open File" n MISTER :(

My real Hardware is not available for two or more months (moving to new location, with my old amiga but new wife ;) ).

I leave the Amiga years and years ago, dont know much about "file Systems" and using them. Not a chance to get an single .HDF image / Two Partitions working so far, tried it for the last few days. On an small German Forum: no one with the knowledge so far.

The "MEGA-AGS" works the same way: One .HDF File, Three Partitions (two with the great PFS 3).

Please: i know HERE are the user with real knowledge: can anyone rescue me?

Why?

I was planning to switch on WINUAE P from Filesystem / Folder to "real" .HDF Images and transfer them 1:1 on the SD Card for MISTer. So far i got one BOOT.HDF, GAMES.HDF and SAVEGAMES.ADF. But Mister allows only 2 Drives as i noticed so far (even i can add 4 HDS). So i was planning to use ONE Boot+Games (updating them from time to time) and a second for Savegames...

Need help please :(

Ray
limi
Top Contributor

Re: Help Need an 980MB Harddisk-HDF with two (!) Partitions

Unread post by limi »

If you install IDEFix from Aminet to your boot partition (e.g. MegaAGS), Minimig should recognize 4 IDE drives. It is not included by default in MegaAGS since it has some other issues, but that’s how I managed to get it working.
Estrayk

Unread post by Estrayk »

limi wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:58 am If you install IDEFix from Aminet to your boot partition (e.g. MegaAGS), Minimig should recognize 4 IDE drives. It is not included by default in MegaAGS since it has some other issues, but that’s how I managed to get it working.
Anyone tried this one?
http://aminet.net/package/driver/media/AtapiMagic
Michael1260

Unread post by Michael1260 »

Estrayk wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:23 pm
limi wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:58 am If you install IDEFix from Aminet to your boot partition (e.g. MegaAGS), Minimig should recognize 4 IDE drives. It is not included by default in MegaAGS since it has some other issues, but that’s how I managed to get it working.
Anyone tried this one?
http://aminet.net/package/driver/media/AtapiMagic
Yes, doesn't work for me (3.1.4). Idefix works fine.
kolla

Unread post by kolla »

ATAPIismajik works fine for me, note that it requires at least scsi.device v43.

On this topic... anyone else noticed that disk images grows every time you edit/read/save its definition in HDToolBox? :)