A314 style ethernet networking

georgemog

A314 style ethernet networking

Unread post by georgemog »

Firstly may I thank everybody who worked on the RTG implementation. It is superb and made me forget that I was using a MiSTer board, I thought that I was using a real Amiga.

I have been circling this for several weeks, ever since Sorglig announced the shared filesystem that was based on the A314 raspberry Pi interface board. I noticed that there is a networking interface implementation in Github complete with a SANA II driver.

https://github.com/niklasekstrom/a314/t ... e/ethernet

How easy would it be to create a tuntap device under the Mister Linux and use the shared memory to transfer networking data between the Mister Linux core and the Minimig core? In theory it should be possible to put it in the clock port 0xdc0000 memory region as per the A314 ethernet device. Yes I know that the original A314 python script has a 15s delay before starting, but the speed improvement of having a real ethernet device would be worth it.

I am still new to MiSTer and am just trying to figure out how to create build tools so that I can improve the Linux distro.

Any thoughts would be welcome.