ShapeShifter Support?

shaitan

ShapeShifter Support?

Unread post by shaitan »

I have been plugging away recently at getting Shapeshifter working with Minimig. I have gotten pretty far, I have a drive booting into 7.5.5 and with the more recent RTG support being added in it's actually performing pretty reasonable.

A little background on me. I've never used an Amiga before so this has been a bit of a learning process for me in how to install workbench, understand how the files are arranged and etc. I'm fairly comfortable with Linux/BSD but not with DOS, I grew up with 68k macs and never used windows before XP.

Now that I have everything running I am struggling at trying to figure out some methods to copy data over to the mac drives. Ideally I would like to try and figure out a method that I can do 100% off the mister (after copying the data into the shared folder), but I would be fine with just using windows and WinUAE or any other Macintosh emulator. My MacOS drive is running 7.5.5 and is a standard .hdf file. I have tried mounting a second drive in ShapeShifter using a "FileDevice" but whenever I copy the data from the mounted drive, within ShapeShifter, it appears to be corrupted when it arrives on my MacOS boot drive.

I have also been looking at Mac-Handler to just mount the MacOS drive in AmigaOS... but this gets a bit murky for me, when files are copied over it appears they are missing their resource fork when I boot into MacOS, so I am not sure how to use Mac-Handler to ensure both forks are copied over.

I would really be happy with either solution, whether through some 3'rd party emulators or straight from the Mister, but I am not 100% sure what roadblocks I may be hitting due to maybe some limitations on what the Mister supports and what is just my naivety.