Genesis Controller with Minimig

zedman2003

Genesis Controller with Minimig

Unread post by zedman2003 »

hi all,

i have set up my mister and got most things working, i was wondering can you use the snac board and a genesis controller for the amiga core or would i have to buy a usb to sega port converter thingy

also is there a way to connect my commodore 1080 monitor to the mister i have the I/O Board and cant seem to find a cable to connect both together

thanks
Zed
bazza_12
Top Contributor

Re: Genesis Controller with Minimig

Unread post by bazza_12 »

zedman2003 wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:20 pm also is there a way to connect my commodore 1080 monitor to the mister i have the I/O Board and cant seem to find a cable to connect both together
not sure if this would work but... https://amigakit.amiga.store/product_in ... cts_id=183 amiga rgb to vga?
The music is reversible but time is not. Turn back. Turn back
zedman2003

cool thnx ill look into this convertor
grizzly

Unread post by grizzly »

No!
SNAC only works with a core that have SNAC and only with compatible controller/addons/etc for that specific system.
For example NES core works with nes controller/the NES zapper/and all other controller that works on an actual NES (it can off course be a small number of third party/strange controllers for the NES that does not work).
But non of the the above controllers will work on ANY other mister core trough SNAC, unless there exist a converter that (for example) make a NES controller work on a sega genesis.

And that is why i have a BliSSter instead!
zedman2003

grizzly wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:50 pm No!
SNAC only works with a core that have SNAC and only with compatible controller/addons/etc for that specific system.
For example NES core works with nes controller/the NES zapper/and all other controller that works on an actual NES (it can off course be a small number of third party/strange controllers for the NES that does not work).
But non of the the above controllers will work on ANY other mister core trough SNAC, unless there exist a converter that (for example) make a NES controller work on a sega genesis.

And that is why i have a BliSSter instead!
thnx, do you know if the sega to usb adapters like these work with the amiga core https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mayflash-Drive ... B00QRZ1HVS
redsteakraw

Unread post by redsteakraw »

I made a two port sega genesis controller port with an arduino pro micro and two genesis extension cords. It uses the ultra low latency daemonbite retro controller software and is 1000 hz polling compatible so overclock the USB polling and you will get basically eliminates input lag that has over a 93%+ chance of meeting the frame. It works with an atari joystick, sega genesis controller 3 and 6 button varieties. I liked it so much I just made an NES adapter. I also have a custom made daemonbite arcade stick with a real working coin mech. If you can soldier I say get a bunch of arduino pro micros and go to town. If not you can buy the Daemonbite adapters from daemonbite.

The Daemonbite shop
https://www.daemonbite.com/shop/

The Github for the arduino software
https://github.com/MickGyver/DaemonBite ... ollers-USB
Fear is the mind killer!
zedman2003

thank you this seems like a perfect project, especially being low latency as well exactly what i'm looking for. Thanks dude
redsteakraw

zedman2003 wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:08 pm thank you this seems like a perfect project, especially being low latency as well exactly what i'm looking for. Thanks dude
Yeah this is the unofficial but promoted MiSTer controller project. I have been loving it. If you need any tips or pointers let me know.
Fear is the mind killer!
hiddenbyleaves

Unread post by hiddenbyleaves »

redsteakraw wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:57 pm I made a two port sega genesis controller port with an arduino pro micro and two genesis extension cords. It uses the ultra low latency daemonbite retro controller software and is 1000 hz polling compatible so overclock the USB polling and you will get basically eliminates input lag that has over a 93%+ chance of meeting the frame. It works with an atari joystick, sega genesis controller 3 and 6 button varieties. I liked it so much I just made an NES adapter. I also have a custom made daemonbite arcade stick with a real working coin mech. If you can soldier I say get a bunch of arduino pro micros and go to town. If not you can buy the Daemonbite adapters from daemonbite.

The Daemonbite shop
https://www.daemonbite.com/shop/

The Github for the arduino software
https://github.com/MickGyver/DaemonBite ... ollers-USB
Do these work with the lightgun?
redsteakraw

hiddenbyleaves wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:08 pm Do these work with the lightgun?
No it is fast enough for no latency controllers but not fast enough for light guns, you really need the snac for that. As far as I know these are strictly for controllers. Except for Mr Spinner and that is for spinners.
Fear is the mind killer!