Help with ppp connection on amiga os 3.9

Lisko

Help with ppp connection on amiga os 3.9

Unread post by Lisko »

Hi, I can successfully connect to internet using amiga os 3.1 and miamidx. I'm trying to achieve the same on os 3.9 and bundled genesis tcp/ip stack but I can't get a working configuration. I think that the problem is that I don't understand how to setup a null-modem connection. Can you please help me with this? Thanks
77slevin

Re: Help with ppp connection on amiga os 3.9

Unread post by 77slevin »

Please tell how you connected WB3.1 and MiamiDX. My initial plan was using Roadshow (I've bought a licence) and AmigaOS 3.4.1 but I just can't get it connected. Because most tutorials use MIamiDX I tried with that but it is just not working for me. What setting do I use in the menu: PPP, Midi, something else? Do I need to change something on the Linux side, like in the scripts?
-={Got sucked into the MISTer blackhole, held out long time, but lost the battle}=-
abbub

Unread post by abbub »

I'm not sure what's going on, but I had Roadshow working without any issues a while back on 3.1.4 and now there seems to be some sort of glitch. My old image was working, then I rebooted and it stopped. I'm not sure whether the issue is an actual 'Amiga-side' issue or something going on with the MiSTer.
Lisko

Unread post by Lisko »

I just realized that connecting using genesis/amitcp isn't much more difficult than miamidx. Simply select a generic serial modem and set correct baud settings then add an interface, under slip select ppp and in the connection script put "parse ip" and "go online". In resolving tab add a dns address and save then you can successfully connect.
Solskogen

Unread post by Solskogen »

Lisko wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:07 am I just realized that connecting using genesis/amitcp isn't much more difficult than miamidx. Simply select a generic serial modem and set correct baud settings then add an interface, under slip select ppp and in the connection script put "parse ip" and "go online". In resolving tab add a dns address and save then you can successfully connect.
Sorry for bringing this thread up from the grave, but could you please describe how you got genesis/amitcp online? I've been trying with the above description but I'm not able to connect.
If possible, could you go step by step as if it was your grandmother who was going to get online? :)
Solskogen

Unread post by Solskogen »

Got it to work! I had to install BoingBag3&4.