Announcing: script to assemble files into ADFs, and Amiga side script for share/RTG

ByteMavericks

Announcing: script to assemble files into ADFs, and Amiga side script for share/RTG

Unread post by ByteMavericks »

I've had a bit of a play with Bash scripting after discovering that the Linux kernel natively supports mounting ADFs, and have created a script that pulls lha and Picasso96 from Aminet, the necessary files from Minimig Extras on GitHub, and assembles them into an ADF ready for mounting on the Amiga side. I've also written a quick amiga script to execute that will check and copy what's missing, and install Picasso 96 too then the necessary support files.

It's not the prettiest, but it should be useful to allow people to get their shared directory up and running with little knowledge of Amiga intricacies, and a nicer screen resolution to work on. For networking, you're on your own but I'm looking to add stuff there too.

I'm putting together a series of how-to's too, however for now please have a look at https://github.com/ByteMavericks/MinimigMiSTer

Comments, suggestions, criticisms all welcome!
Hackshed_Carl

Re: Announcing: script to assemble files into ADFs, and Amiga side script for share/RTG

Unread post by Hackshed_Carl »

Looking forward to giving this a try when I get some time
Lisko

Re: Announcing: script to assemble files into ADFs, and Amiga side script for share/RTG

Unread post by Lisko »

You could pull latest picasso96 version from individual computer technically but I don't know if it's permitted by their license
robinsonb5

Unread post by robinsonb5 »

Lisko wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:51 pm You could pull latest picasso96 version from individual computer technically but I don't know if it's permitted by their license
Given that it's a commercial product, you have to be logged into the shop to download it, and you only get a fixed number of downloads when you buy it, that's probably not going to fly! ;)
ByteMavericks

Unread post by ByteMavericks »

Lisko wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:51 pm You could pull latest picasso96 version from individual computer technically but I don't know if it's permitted by their license
It'd be a very easy change as there's a list of files to download for the disks which gets pulled from GitHub, however as robinsonb5 notes, the new package is commercial software that needs a licence.