MT32 pi with Amiga Core

ascopolis

MT32 pi with Amiga Core

Unread post by ascopolis »

Hi there, just get an MT32 Pi and I´m trying to test it with Amiga Core (was impossible for me to configure the AO486 core and try it on that, it´s beyond my understanding and patience), I follow the instructions step by step and seems that isn´t work, can´t see the levels on the screen and nothing seems to change with the music, any help or clue of what could be happening here? thank you!!

[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fw7mhIc ... e=youtu.be]
LamerDeluxe
Top Contributor

Re: MT32 pi with Amiga Core

Unread post by LamerDeluxe »

ascopolis wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:46 am Hi there, just get an MT32 Pi and I´m trying to test it with Amiga Core (was impossible for me to configure the AO486 core and try it on that, it´s beyond my understanding and patience), I follow the instructions step by step and seems that isn´t work, can´t see the levels on the screen and nothing seems to change with the music, any help or clue of what could be happening here? thank you!!

[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fw7mhIc ... e=youtu.be]
Hi, a few weeks ago I worked on getting all the Amiga games that support the MT-32 working with the MT32-pi. The results of that will be included in an update of the MegaAgs games pack.

I am unable to contact the author of MegaAgs anymore. Here's the link to the archive of Amiga games fixed to work with the MT32-pi, that I sent him. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZPwfXJ ... sp=sharing
Meringues

Unread post by Meringues »

Thanks for this LamerDeluxe, I have a slight issue with a few of the games, some of them seem to hang on the loading screen
LamerDeluxe
Top Contributor

Re: MT32 pi with Amiga Core.

Meringues wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 7:02 am Thanks for this LamerDeluxe, I have a slight issue with a few of the games, some of them seem to hang on the loading screen
Odd, I haven't had that problem, I've been using it with MegaAgs (which uses the 68020 and Kickstart 3.1, IIRC). Only problem I had is that Castle of Dr. Brain fails to set the right instruments.
Meringues

Unread post by Meringues »

I’m using the latest megaags too, I think I may have copied them over wrong, I’ll try again

Edit: I think I somehow copied without overwriting, I copied using directory opus and all is well (facepalm)
LamerDeluxe
Top Contributor

Meringues wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 7:35 pm I’m using the latest megaags too, I think I may have copied them over wrong, I’ll try again

Edit: I think I somehow copied without overwriting, I copied using directory opus and all is well (facepalm)
Awesome! Great to hear that. I used Opus a lot when I was fixing the MT32 support.
lomdar67

Unread post by lomdar67 »

Meringues wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 7:35 pm I’m using the latest megaags too, I think I may have copied them over wrong, I’ll try again

I've downloaded the update with my PC. What's the easiest way to copy the files over to the "Amiga"?

Best regards,
Michael
We raise hopes here...until they're old enough to fend for themselves.
--Mike Callahan
LamerDeluxe
Top Contributor

lomdar67 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:17 am

I've downloaded the update with my PC. What's the easiest way to copy the files over to the "Amiga"?

Best regards,
Michael
The easiest way is to use the share (shared?) folder with the MiniMig core. This is enabled by default with MegaAgs.
If you're not using MegaAgs you need to look up how to add the shared folder to your installation.

The author of MegaAgs is working on adding the games I fixed for the MT-32 now, so I expect it to be updated with that soon.
lomdar67

LamerDeluxe wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:23 am The author of MegaAgs is working on adding the games I fixed for the MT-32 now, so I expect it to be updated with that soon.
I was away from MiSTer for quite a while so I'm not up to date. Is this still the MegaAGS from Pezz 82 from around April last year, or is there another release out there?
--Mike Callahan
limi
Top Contributor

Unread post by limi »

There’s a 2021 release with per-game 5× support and other fixes.
lomdar67

Thanks. I've got it running. I was wondering if there is a complete list of Amiga games that support Midi? I could have sworn I've seen one around, but can't find it anymore...
--Mike Callahan
LamerDeluxe
Top Contributor

lomdar67 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:11 pm Thanks. I've got it running. I was wondering if there is a complete list of Amiga games that support Midi? I could have sworn I've seen one around, but can't find it anymore...
My zip file covers all the Amiga games that support the MT-32.
shimian

Unread post by shimian »

edit: nevermind. I had copied them as overwrite, but it seems it's better to delete the original folder first then copy fresh. That fixed both issues I was having.

The MT-32 stuff sounds awesome.
lomdar67

LamerDeluxe wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:42 pm
lomdar67 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:11 pm Thanks. I've got it running. I was wondering if there is a complete list of Amiga games that support Midi? I could have sworn I've seen one around, but can't find it anymore...
My zip file covers all the Amiga games that support the MT-32.
Okay, thanks a lot for your work.

BTW: I found the list I was looking for before:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of ... uter_games
--Mike Callahan