Minimig core Can't get it started

Thraka

Minimig core Can't get it started

Unread post by Thraka »

I'm using all the stuff I have working fine in WinUAE. I just got the DE10 for the first time. I don't have a memory module, is that required? Everything talks about having it, but I don't see why I wouldn't be able to just get booted with the default memory (32mb if I remember)

I used the Mr Fusion 2.2 to format the SD Card. I then copied things over to the Amiga folder and the minimig core to the root.

I can get the MiSTer booted, select the core, the screen goes garbled then blank (as if its initializing) and then nothing. I can open the Minimig menu and mess with config and settings such as selecting a different kickstart. No matter what I choose, nothing ever shows up on the screen. I'm using a 4k Samsung TV over HDMI.

I saw on some other examples there is some sort of text menu that starts up, like a boot log, I don’t see any of that.
Xbytez
Site Admin

Re: Minimig core can't get it started

Unread post by Xbytez »

Thraka wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:51 am I don't have a memory module, is that required?
Yes it is for the Minimig core, the MiSTer wiki provides a list of the cores requiring an SDRAM module to function.

https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Main_Mi ... -use-SDRAM
Thraka

Re: Minimig core Can't get it started

Unread post by Thraka »

Doh! Thank you for pointing that out!
Syntax Error

Unread post by Syntax Error »

im not sure if i can link so i wont but i bet google "archive mega ags" might get you somewhere , down to a ton of games and a working desktop environment, hdf and config files included

FPGA64
Top Contributor

Unread post by FPGA64 »

Syntax Error wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:10 pm

im not sure if i can link so i wont but i bet google "archive mega ags" might get you somewhere , down to a ton of games and a working desktop environment, hdf and config files included

Holy Necro. This is a 3 year old post