ADF Display Resolution?

DROWSYNET

ADF Display Resolution?

Unread post by DROWSYNET »

Is it possible to change the display resolution for programs so that they match Workbench's screenmode.prefs?

I'm displaying WB at 1444x480i but none of my programs conform to that resolution. For example the resolution for OctaMED v4 is 640x201 and Protracker 2.3F is 320x256, so even the resolution of the programs themselves has no specific standard. Is there a default resolution ADFs conform to in the absence of display instructions?

The picture is also squashed vertically even with the miSTer set to Full Screen. The minimig core becomes very unstable when switching between WB and Protracker's resolution (I suspect because one is interlaced and the other is progressive). About 50/50 chance that the miSTer hangs on a black screen :oops: so I'm really trying to figure out how to put them all in line with each other
LamerDeluxe
Top Contributor

Re: ADF Display Resolution?

Unread post by LamerDeluxe »

What I remember is that with the ECS chipset, even low resolution display modes can still have horizontal hardware scrolling (display offset) at super high res resolution. This is why the default horizontal resolution of the MiniMig core is so high.
lordoftime79

Re: ADF Display Resolution?

Unread post by lordoftime79 »

I would imagine your workbench is using RTG - most games that are on ADFs are made for the most basic of Amigas as they could sell more copies that way and therefore hit the chipset directly not through an API such as RTG as for programs and apps that are system friendly there is a utility called ModePro that can promote programs to higher resoutions however it can be hacky and your milage may vary!