Minimig with Mega-AGS

Fallon

Minimig with Mega-AGS

Unread post by Fallon »

My Amiga MiniMig Core with Mega-AGS.hdf suddenly stopped booting, probably after the recent Linux updates.
The core seems to want to set my TV to 1080i, then the screen goes black and Mister has to be rebooted to access the OSD.

If I remove the fat/config/minimig config files for Mega-AGS, then MiniMig can boot, but unfortunately, not with Mega-AGS.
Any ideas on how to rectify this problem?

Thx
NerdENerd

Re: Minimig with Mega-AGS

Unread post by NerdENerd »

I just ran update all and my Mega-AGS still boots fine. I have the following in /fat/config/minimig.cfg

MNMGCFG0 games/Amiga/MegaAGS-Kickstart.rom “ games/Amiga/MegaAGS.hdf hdf games/Amiga/MegaAGS-Saves.hdf 020/AGA/P/HD 2M+384M
MegaAGS-Kickstart.rom
Fallon

Unread post by Fallon »

Thanks, I had a look at it again tonight - I've got an identical config and file structure - still have the same issue :(
FoxbatStargazer
Top Contributor

Unread post by FoxbatStargazer »

I had inconsistent issues booting up an older version of Mega-AGS with a PAL menu. Half the time my VGA CRT (using scandoubled analog) would fail to sync correctly. Turning the monitor on and off after booting would fix it. HDMI had no issues, along with vga_scaler.

The current Mega-AGS uses an NTSC menu and I haven't had that problem at all anymore. The VGA monitor correctly switches in and out of PAL games too.
Fallon

Unread post by Fallon »

Seems like Mega-AGS works on a fresh install of Mister with the same config and files as the one that didn't work on the old installation. Guess something became corrupted somewhere.
Havok

Unread post by Havok »

Hi everyone,

I'm also struggling with Mega-AGS. I'm curious to know if the issue is the hdf file or something else.
Please note that I bought a licence from Amiga Forever (plus edition) I cannot have it running properly either (Got a insert workbench icon).
Now back to Mega-AGS. I've updated my mister 2 days ago here's my minimig config :
Mega3.jpg
Mega3.jpg (262.36 KiB) Viewed 13350 times
Mega2.jpg
Mega2.jpg (232.22 KiB) Viewed 13350 times
Mega1.jpg
Mega1.jpg (214.62 KiB) Viewed 13350 times
Can someone confirm that the issue is most likely with the HDF file according to the 1st picture ?

Thanks a lot for the support !
german_user

Unread post by german_user »

Seems so. What happen, when you press both mouse Buttons after reset? what bootoptions are available ?
IMG_E4796.JPG
IMG_E4796.JPG (1.13 MiB) Viewed 13259 times
limi
Top Contributor

Unread post by limi »

The config in general looks correct, although I would disable D-cache for most games and only turn it on if you want to play games that want a fast CPU (e.g. Frontier).

I would try re-downloading or at least re-copying over the HDF files? (If you used FTP to do it, make sure it’s set to use binary transfers, not ASCII, as many terrible Windows FTP clients do)

Also, a shot in the dark: you are sure you have the latest Minimig update via MiSTer’s updater? There were a couple of versions that didn’t support RDB-less images, which caused some issues, since fixed.
Havok

Unread post by Havok »

Thanks for the support @limi, I finally managed to make it work ! I'm so happy !
I re-updated again the updated script and found another archive.
I really suspect the issue was with the HDF. I'll pay attention next time to make sure it's a binary transfert.
Also, I got a few errors while tryying to copy the HDF and the Kick (is there a size limit using Samba ? ) so I transfered the files directly using the SD adapter (unuspected error preventing from copying the file).

@german_user : I didn't have a mouse back then but I will try the options since I got one now.

Cheers
Milspex

Unread post by Milspex »

Does MegaAGS always say to mount the saves on the slave drive even though I have it set up that way?
I always seem to think I did it wrong when I see the message but I guess it just a default text blurb?
MikkyTee

Unread post by MikkyTee »

Where can i find the latest version of this? I have an old one but heard there are at least 2 versions since then but i cant see a link anywhere?!
jca
Top Contributor

Unread post by jca »

On archive.org look for htgdb-gamepacks there is a version dated 2021-03-13. Not sure if it is the latest.
Fallon

Unread post by Fallon »

Fallon wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:57 pm My Amiga MiniMig Core with Mega-AGS.hdf suddenly stopped booting, probably after the recent Linux updates.
The core seems to want to set my TV to 1080i, then the screen goes black and Mister has to be rebooted to access the OSD.

If I remove the fat/config/minimig config files for Mega-AGS, then MiniMig can boot, but unfortunately, not with Mega-AGS.
Any ideas on how to rectify this problem?

Thx
So, after reinstalling it the whole Mister system on fresh SD card, it has happened again. Mega-AGS was working, booted fine, come back to it a few months later and it has the identical issue - Mega-AGS will not boot as above. I've not touched anything since it was previously working, apart from Mister updates.

Is Mega-AGS with Mister inherently unstable?
limi
Top Contributor

Unread post by limi »

No, there are no reports of anything similar to what you’re seeing as far as I know. Maybe you have a failing SD card? Surprisingly common these days, sadly. :(

(If you have a second card to test, I would try that first)
marcelosofth

Unread post by marcelosofth »

limi wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:00 am No, there are no reports of anything similar to what you’re seeing as far as I know. Maybe you have a failing SD card? Surprisingly common these days, sadly. :(

Hi friend, is the new version available?
Bunker

Unread post by Bunker »

marcelosofth wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 5:16 pm
limi wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:00 am No, there are no reports of anything similar to what you’re seeing as far as I know. Maybe you have a failing SD card? Surprisingly common these days, sadly. :(

Hi friend, is the new version available?
its on archive.org
Fallon

Unread post by Fallon »

After trying out another monitor, Mega-AGS booted fine.

Turns out that an HDMI setting on my main TV required changing to ‘Graphic’ mode, or Mega-AGS gets stuck at switching to 1080i with a black screen.

Mega-AGS is now running again!