AmigaOS 3.2 not working correctly

clarkkent

AmigaOS 3.2 not working correctly

Unread post by clarkkent »

I made a fresh HDF with FFS and installed AmigaOS 3.2 from the CD Image on WinUAE. Install works perfectly on the emulator.

Tranfered the HDF to MiSTer. It boots but stops before starting the WB with the error „invalid object lock. MakeLink failed returncode 20“. LoadWB also does not work „invalid resident library“.

When using the new 3.2 kickstart ROM I get a guru mediation. So using 3.1.
clarkkent

Re: AmigaOS 3.2 not working correctly

After some hours of trying different things I noticed that AmigaOS 3.2 only works correctly when installing it on MiSTer and not doing the whole process on WinUAE.

I used an empty HDF to copy over the install CD, renamed it to the same name as the CD and inserted a second empty HDF in the second harddisk slot. With that config the installation worked.
breiztiger
Top Contributor

Unread post by breiztiger »

hi

with this adf, kickstart 3.2 and cd iso mount directly in primary ide slave you can make install of amiga os 3.2
Attachments
Install3.2 cd0 primary ide slave.adf.zip
(387.75 KiB) Downloaded 288 times
CPC-Power Staff
clarkkent

Thank you!

Somethin weird happened on my first working install: Amiga OS 3.2 boots perfectly. But after I switched the MiSTer off and on again after a while and booting the newly created harddisk, it again stops booting with the same errors as mentioned in the first post. But it worked at first boot!
clarkkent

I found the solution: After installing AmigaOS 3.2 with a specific Kickstart you must not change the Kickstart - otherwise it damages the WB 3.2 installation. No idea why but if you set up AmigaOS 3.2 with Kickstart 3.2 - stick with this combination!
chrisy

Unread post by chrisy »

clarkkent wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:58 pm I found the solution: After installing AmigaOS 3.2 with a specific Kickstart you must not change the Kickstart - otherwise it damages the WB 3.2 installation. No idea why but if you set up AmigaOS 3.2 with Kickstart 3.2 - stick with this combination!
3.2 has soft ROM modules on disk. It will only install these if you install it with an earlier ROM. Hence if you boot later without a 3.2 ROM you don't get the new modules (so some things won't work).
If you want to do that you need to install it with a 3.1 ROM. It won't matter if you put in a 3.2 ROM later, the disk based modules will be ignored in that case.
clarkkent

Thanx for the info! I’ll stick with Kickstart 3.2.
retroricki

Unread post by retroricki »

how would i get .lha files on it. I have the 3.2.2 update but have no idea howto get the file onto the 3.2 i have installed

cursedverses

Unread post by cursedverses »

The 3.2.2 update has adf files you can mount normally from what I remember.

Just extract the lha in Windows/Mac/Linux and copy them to the Amiga folder for mounting.

retroricki

oh nice thanks. I could never afford a amiga in the day. Its a awesome machine way ahead of its time

retroricki

Thanks cursedverses that was it now im updated to 3.2.2 now just need to learn to use the os

Solskogen

Unread post by Solskogen »

With 3.2(.2) you can even boot from the AmigaOS 3.2 CD by chaging the boot device using early startup