Trolls AGA - Sound issue

matt_R/Asylum

Trolls AGA - Sound issue

Unread post by matt_R/Asylum »

First post, please go easy on me! :mrgreen:

Trolls AGA has sound issues right from the intro animations, the tune is very glitchy as if a channel is dropping and the same in game. I've tried WHDload version and various sources for ADFs, and also a couple of other people on this forum have tried it with the same issue.

Weirdly Oscar AGA doesn't suffer the same despite being the same team and a very similar game engine however clearly different sound player to not have the same issue.

While not the best game, it was one I enjoyed and specifically the intro music. FS UAE / WinUAE doesn't have the same issue.
SuperFrog

Re: Trolls AGA - Sound issue

Unread post by SuperFrog »

I can test it tonight. Did you try different ROM / machine setups? (Kickstart 3.0, 3.1, 3.14 or 3.2)

What are your memory settings for setup?
matt_R/Asylum

Unread post by matt_R/Asylum »

Sorry for delay. Not sure on settings, I’ll have to check next time I’m on the Mister.

It’s aga, so I tried 2mb chip obviously. Definitely tried different copies of the game, as I said.

I’ll come back to you.
Higgy

Unread post by Higgy »

Hi.
I never played Trolls until now, but I could not tell the difference between MiSTer and real A1200 on the sound.
There are some samples that don't quite sound right or are scratchy, but they are also the same on the A1200.

Update - I was listening to some MOD files the other night, I see/hear Trolls and Trolls AGA are different. Sorry I was trying Trolls.
I will see about looking at the correct Trolls version!